PDA

View Full Version : banana chips

SUNSHINE
08-24-2008, 06:59 PM
isnt the banana chips with no sugar okay once in a while ? that use to be a favorite that and pine nuts

4skwerlz
08-24-2008, 08:15 PM
As a rare treat only. Banana chips, even without added sugar, contain more concentrated sugars than a candy bar, due in part to all the fructose.

SUNSHINE
08-24-2008, 09:00 PM
okay thats what i was afraid i would hear so i should just trash them all together thats some bad stuff so then a reg banana is bad also? thanks for answers chippie needs no extra sugar or extra nuts very active and very good eater

4skwerlz
08-24-2008, 09:10 PM
okay thats what i was afraid i would hear so i should just trash them all together thats some bad stuff so then a reg banana is bad also? thanks for answers chippie needs no extra sugar or extra nuts very active and very good eater

A small piece of regular banana is fine as an occasional treat. Generally, fruits should be considered treats. He should be eating rodent blocks or some other kinds of kibbled food as his main diet, plus healthy veggies from the "Healthy Diet" list.

adoptedmom
08-24-2008, 11:42 PM
isnt the banana chips with no sugar okay once in a while ? that use to be a favorite that and pine nuts

Stay away from the pine nuts. Bad calcium to phosphorus ratio.

SUNSHINE
08-25-2008, 12:50 PM
gotcha thanks so much that rodent block she just hates itried makin the buiskets and anything at all with egg she absolutley turns her nose up thanks so much for the great info:thankyou

SUNSHINE
08-25-2008, 01:15 PM
i was wandering if you knew if the gliders food they sell at the pet store is okay to give to the greys?mjs

SUNSHINE
08-25-2008, 04:03 PM
you know what else ive been thinkin about newspaper that ive given chippie to make her nest well she steals the paper but now im thinkin the ink on there could be dangerous whats your thoughts/

adoptedmom
08-30-2008, 06:02 PM
I would use unscented undyed papertowels before I would use newspaper - because of the ink, chemicals and other dyes that go into printing.

Even better would be t-shirt or fleece material. Stay away from terrycloth.

adoptedmom
08-30-2008, 06:04 PM
i was wandering if you knew if the gliders food they sell at the pet store is okay to give to the greys?mjs

I don't know on this one. Maybe pm 4S. She is the resident nutrition advisor. Have you tried Kaytee Forti or Harlaan Teklad rodent blocks? My foxer wouldn't eat them at first, but now she will gnaw on them every once in a while.