PDA

View Full Version : thanks

luvem
08-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks for those of you who got back to me so quickly! I surely will not introduce the squirrell to my other pets! I love this little guy! I'm pretty sure this is a male though I have not seen a female yet. It definatley appears to be a penis... do the males and females look that much alike? Also, I know i heard you should limit contact to help with the release process but what about at this age? I hold him and cuddle at feeding time and that's it. Should I be spending more time with him? thanks everybody, good to know your here!!!:)

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-06-2006, 03:27 PM
I played with mine a lot and had a lot of contact with them.
Up until about 14 weeks old we slowly started releasing them. Rippie was getting to rambunchus & too much testosterone...what a guy!
Some places I read now I feel as though I left them go to early.
I couldnt keep my hands off them. Probably not recomended but that was just me.

rygel1hardt
08-06-2006, 04:35 PM
I handle all my babies as much as they want when they are small. Once they go outdoors to the pre release cage then I handle them less and less. I have never had one that didnt wild up in short order. People can say not to handle them much when they are babies but all babies thrive from touch. I will continue to love on mine while they are little. Stacey

island rehabber
08-06-2006, 04:44 PM
I handle all my babies as much as they want when they are small. Once they go outdoors to the pre release cage then I handle them less and less. I have never had one that didnt wild up in short order. People can say not to handle them much when they are babies but all babies thrive from touch. I will continue to love on mine while they are little. Stacey

I do the same -- play with them until they are weaned and then move them outside and try to stay away from them. All of mine, even the sweetest ones, wilded up quickly once they were released. They don't come running back to mamma when she visits. :)

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-06-2006, 06:24 PM
My little girl will still take food from my hands sometimes lets me pick her up on a good day, little rippie boy forget it he runs from me!
Havent brought her in in weeks?
Question..how is it possible not to kiss the most precious little heads ever? Give em tons of love!!