PDA

View Full Version : female squirrel heat

caseyjazmin
08-14-2008, 03:27 PM
I have a female(Heaven) and a male(Hellboy) who have been playing a little differently lately and I am wanting to know when does a female have her first heat or when a male can start reproducing. Heaven is 6 months and Hellboy is 5 months.:squirrel1

Sciurus1
08-14-2008, 11:05 PM
That is a little young, but I wouldn't push it if mating behavior is taking place, mostly when the male wants to grab onto the females back.

caseyjazmin
08-16-2008, 06:57 AM
I only ask because if she is ready to go into heat i would like to split them up so she doesn't have any at this time.

pamela lee
08-18-2008, 10:25 AM
I only ask because if she is ready to go into heat i would like to split them up so she doesn't have any at this time.
If you plan on keeping them as pets and keeping them together you probably should check on having Hellboy neutured. You wouldn't want them mating at a later time neither.

caseyjazmin
08-19-2008, 06:59 PM
is getting him neutered possible i live where people really don't know anything about squirrels.I mean I took Heaven to a vet when she hurt her self and they told me to put her down(that was 4 months ago)she could not walk.I didn't listen to them and she is now 90% better.