PDA

View Full Version : tree frogs

tatcat
08-11-2008, 09:23 PM
do squirrels eat tree frogs??

FallensMommie
08-11-2008, 09:59 PM
:dono .......why do you ask? Are you thinking....ewwwww! :yuck

I had a green tree frog that we had for a pet for years. Daddy brought it home to us as the frog hunkered down near his arm as he drove his transport for a hour...she was a beautiful little girl...she was a baby when we got her and watched her grow :D She ate crickets all the time and sat in her water dish all the time too! It was sad when she passed away!

I thought they were poinsonous in the sense they will squirt a irritant into a preys eyes. Ours didn't do it to us only because she was comfy with us, but I have seen them do it in the wild.

tatcat
08-11-2008, 10:08 PM
hey t, the thought just crossed my mind last nite so i thought i would ask...several yrs ago i had a fish tank full of tree frogs and anoles...one side of the tank had a waterfall while the other had land...it was so cool...oh no, that might have given me another idea while the hubby is gone...:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

secretsmom
08-11-2008, 11:24 PM
When I was a kid growing up in Fl and SC I used to love the little green tree frogs. They would get on our windows, I would go catch them and watch them for hours! We don't have them where I live now, but I remember they were sooo cute!!