PDA

View Full Version : what's next

darcy
08-03-2006, 02:21 PM
hi everybody.
I am the proud foster mom of four baby fox squirrels. i am not a complete novice when it comes to raising animal babies as i have been successfully raising kittens, puppies, and rabbits for years but raising the squirrels is a little different and i need advice.

i have had the babies about two weeks and they opened their eyes at the end of the first week if i've read right that puts them about 6 or7 weeks i think. they are still sleeping most of the time only awake for about 30 min around feeding times is that normal? also when should i introduce solid foods and what should i start with? They appear to be doing very well bright eyed when awake and plump. any and all advice would be welcome they're adorable and didn't ask to have their tree cut down so i want to take the best care of them that i can

Momma Squirrel
08-03-2006, 04:32 PM
:Welcome Darcy, glad you were around to take the little ones in. You might try looking under Baby Squirrel Questions forum, lots of good info there to start you out. I am sure everyone will pitch in with some very good help. Get some pics of them if you can that will help everyone, visual is always the best. By the way what happened to momma??

GhosTS
08-03-2006, 08:53 PM
:Welcome to TSB darcy.I have two in the same age.And yes they sleep most of the time..But when their feeding time is near they come out and play.You can give them a high quality Rodent block when their eyes are opened.They wont eat it at first.But they will nimble it when they are ready.Mine is already nimbling a bit.