PDA

View Full Version : New Baby

lmason
08-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Hi Everyone,

I found this forum a couple of days ago when I was searching online for help. This has been the most helpful site that I have found. I had a little baby fall out of a tree on the side of my house. It is a little boy and I tried to warm him up and put him back out for his mom. She never showed so I guess I am in it for the long haul. I found him on 7/28 and he has been doing very well. He was dehydrated and I did get some fluids into him before giving him any food. I have been giving him 1 part esbilac, 2 parts water and 1/4 part whipping cream. I hope this is correct. The manager at petsmart had told me to put yogurt in it as well but I haven't tried this yet. I am guessing that he is about 3 weeks old. The past couple of days he would only eat about .8cc and last night he must have had a growth spirt because he has been eating 2cc to 2 1/2cc. I have been keeping him in my cat carrier with a pillowcase on the bottom and the heating pad underneath the cage. I also put a little stuffed animal in there thinking that he might get lonely. Is there anything else that I should be doing? Any and All the help that I could get would be greatly appreciated.

1st day I found him
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/LMason0912/IMG_0784.jpg

yesterday
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/LMason0912/IMG_0800.jpg

Jackie in Tampa
08-01-2008, 12:26 PM
:Welcome
Your little one is so cute:Love_Icon
We love sqs and pics! Thanks for going the extra mile and saving this little guy:bowdown
If you decide to raise and release, your in for a real treat...they are a blast!:Love_Icon and there are alot of people here that can help you through it! Lots of good info:) and if you need a rehabber, TSB can help with that too, like Gammas said!
Good Luck and thanks again!:grouphug
:wave123

Momma Squirrel
08-01-2008, 12:30 PM
How sweet, so glad you found us and :Welcome Lots of info and help here you will love it :)

lmason
08-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Thank you so much for all of your responses. I am looking to keep him. What can I say...I am a Dr Dolittle :) I have raised all kinds of animals but never a squirrel. I am really excited to watch him grow and think he will be a great addition to our family.:Love_Icon I have made sure to feed him upright and make sure he goes to the bathroom after every / every other feeding. I have however been looking to find a heating pad that does not turn off after 2-4 hours. I have one now but it is OLD and the does not work the best. I searched Target and Walmart and neither one had them. Anyone know where I could find one? Should I have any other supplies? I just want to make sure that I have everything to care for him properly. Thanks again for your help!!!mjs