PDA

View Full Version : Squirrels eating with the head upwards

Flanker
07-28-2008, 09:08 PM
I saw three squirrels in two different parks with the following health problem. The first one (an adult) I saw only once; he came on the last Thanksgiving with a visit to the horrendous park. He looked sick, he was lethargic, his alertness and reactions to the surroundings were clearly compromised, his eyes were foggy, he was holding his nuts-full paws sideway, his head was tilted sideway down, and while eating he was HOLDING HIS HEAD UP.

The other squirrel in another, wild park (an adult female) had the same symptoms plus while eating she kept on FALLING ON HER BACK.

The third squirrel (a male baby, his name is Parachuter), who resides in the horrendous park, has some, as if the beginning symptoms of the same ailment; those affecting his arms (paws) and his head. Additionally, while sitting on his hind legs and eating he keeps on FALLING ON HIS SIDE. He is also very unnaturally agitated, behaves like crazy. He has been having these symptoms for the last three weeks.

What could be their ailment? An infection? A mild poisoning? An early stage of rabies?

FLUFFYTAILNUT
07-28-2008, 09:40 PM
:Welcome I hope its not poisoning....Ill let the experts give their opinions..:Welcome Rachel n Bean:Welcome

Jackie in Tampa
07-29-2008, 05:05 AM
:grouphug oh this doesn't sound good!:shakehead ...hope someone can help:dono
Good Luck:Love_Icon

SQUIRRELMOM
04-29-2009, 10:37 AM
SEIZURES< THEY DON"T LAST LONG< DEATH WILL COME SOON< SORRY

always check their ears for maggots< sometimes these worms get so far in and go to the brain< causing seizures>

head injuries from falls also< spinal injuries:head trama

Mookie's Mom
04-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Oh, how sad. It must be so hard to see and not know what to do. I unfortunatly have no suggestions but maybe someone here will. Thanks for caring! And :Welcome

Mookie's Mom
04-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Maybe this thread should be in another category like Life Threatening with a different title it will get more attention. I don't know how to do that though.

Bugsie
04-29-2009, 11:44 AM
:wave123 Guys

This post is 9 months old:poke :D

Mookie's Mom
04-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Omg, you're right! Oh well I hope those poor squirrels are still alive and doing well. Might as well be optimistic!:D