PDA

View Full Version : quick question!?!

chadfromphilly
07-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Hello, I have a quick question... Is 100% pure roasted buckwheat ok for grey squirrels? We have/had a box of it in the pantry and squirrely pop teared into the box... When I heard the commotion and seen what she had done I pulled her away... Ever since, she is now on a mission to get more! Is this a healthy treat for her or yet another "forbidden fruit"? thank you, Chad

TexanSquirrel
07-23-2008, 04:34 PM
I don't know.:dono

chadfromphilly
07-23-2008, 05:23 PM
My wife told me it's called... KASHA:dono

FLUFFYTAILNUT
07-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Its not going to hurt her..but its another CARB....:D
MORE sugars....which means...naughty squirrel food on a regular basis....
Ask Leigh..she will know for sure...if its something she can have..every day.
Im gonna go with its probably..going to be a NO...:D
Its better..that potato chips..:poke or cookies...:poke kashi is a healthy cereal...for people...but carby..no the less....:jump
Have a great night Chad..:thumbsup
Rachel n Bean:peace

Sciurus1
07-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Kashi has 0 Calicum, as I recall, which is not a good choice of food to feed to a squirrel.

chadfromphilly
07-24-2008, 10:26 AM
That figures! She only likes stuff that's bad for her! She has been on a pretty good diet lately.... Sweet baby greens, a bit of romaine, carrots, a cherry or two, apple, snap peas and her favorite, sweet potato. I just can't get her to eat any of the rodent blocks or monkey chow. She won't even eat the squirrel treats Gammas Baby sent her! She does however eat or nibble on those calcium/mineral blocks, the white one's. It really is my fault because before I became informed, I gave her lots of nuts as a youngling... :nono Now at least she is eating better... Thanks guys! If anyone knows the final word on the KASHA, please let me know... Chad

Sciurus1
07-24-2008, 04:26 PM
The Calcium blocks are good, if you add in citrus for absorbtion. Just checking, that isn't a salt spool you are referring to is it?