PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel Board Store Security

Missouri
06-26-2008, 09:33 AM
I was going to order a mug for my Vet for looking at Gaius for free for me -- but my computer told me the store site has no security certificate and my data could be intercepted.

Is the security certificate pending?

Missouri

TexanSquirrel
06-26-2008, 10:15 AM
:dono Don't know, sorry!

SammysHD
06-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Missouri,

Could you please confirm that the message said your data could be intercepted?
The TSB Store is secure and has never had a breach issue. Our shopping cart is provided by Miva which forwards your information to Linkpoint (credit card validation) and then to the TSB Store with only the last four digits of your card information.
We have in the past had an additional level of security provided by Thawte corporation, but deemed it overkill and expensive. I suspect this is the source of your message and perhaps I should re-think this if it causes concern with our shoppers.
If you prefer an alternative, please e-mail your order to excelltrophy@aol.com and we can make a suitable arrangement.

Thanks,
John
The TSB Store

Loopy Squirrel
06-26-2008, 03:24 PM
I get the same message as Missouri.

SammysHD
06-26-2008, 07:05 PM
TSB Store not secure?:sanp3

OK Gang,

I've begun the renewal process for the 128+ bit SSL security certificate in order to rid us of that nasty little message. As I recall it takes a couple of days and a few tweaks on my end (I'll need to find my hammer...). The site has always been secure and nothing will actually change, but now there's a third party assuring you that it's safe to shop with confidence. Thanks for pointing out the area of concern.

John

Missouri
06-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Thanks John. :thumbsup

I figured the store was probaby safe, but the message Vista gave me when it did not see or recognize a security cetificate was pretty scarry

Thanks,
M