PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Trap suspected

GoldenEyes
06-24-2008, 03:49 PM
I am starting to suspect that someone in my neighborhood is setting up the type of mouse traps that is made to snap a mouse's neck outdoors because I have seen a few squirrels with arms that looks like they were stuck in one and the rest of their arm got mangled trying to get free.

My question is this. Is there any organization, such as the Humane Society, who could become involved to send letters to the people of this neighborhood warning them that this type of behavior will not be tolerated? Although finding the person who is doing this is highly unlikely, are there any punishments for setting such traps that are hurting the Wildlife Animals?

FallensMommie
06-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Oh GoldenEyes thats horrible :shakehead

Do you live in the city or county? Call them and ask, or call your state's wildlife conservation and present your questions to them to see.

TexanSquirrel
06-24-2008, 06:24 PM
That's awful! I hope you can get this stopped before any more critters get hurt!

GoldenEyes
06-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Oh GoldenEyes thats horrible :shakehead

Do you live in the city or county? Call them and ask, or call your state's wildlife conservation and present your questions to them to see.
I live in an overpopulated rural area, if that makes sense.:thinking Going to continue making phone calls until I find someone who can handle this type of situation.

Thank you, FallensMommie and TexanSquirrel for the moral support.

smoknbunny
06-26-2008, 09:12 PM
I just saw this thread - that is horrible!!! I hope there is someone who can help! That is just wrong!