PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help please..????

ljhpsauce
05-08-2008, 06:35 AM
Can anyone tell me what the correct dosage for 2.5 strength Baytril is in " ml " for a 9 to 10 oz baby Squirrel (I am using a 1ml syringe that counts up to 1ml starting with "0.1"ml upwards to the full 1ml or i also have a 2.5ml syringe) YOU C I AM WORRYING NOW AS I HAVE GOT MYSELF IN A BIT OF A STATE I AM CURRENTLY OFF WORK SICK MYSELF - SO I AM NOT THINKING TO CLEARLY MYSELF - AND ONE OF MY 8 WEEK OLD SQUIRRELS HAS DEVELOPED PNEUMONIA WHICH I NOTICED THE 1ST SIGNS OF LAST NIGHT AS HE WAS VERY SLEEPY AND DID NOT HAVE MUCH OF AN APPETITE AS HE NORMALY DOES,ANYWAYS I GOT UP AT 5.AM THIS MORNING TO CHECK ON HIM AND HE HAD NOW DEVELOPED A CLICKING NOISE AND HIS BREATHING WAS RAPID, AGAIN HE HAD LOSS OF APPETITE,SO I THOUGHT RIGHT STRAIGHT ONTO BAYTRIL (AS I WORK IN A VETS USUALLY SO I ALWAYS HAVE SOME BAYTRIL TO HAND IF I AM HAND-REARING WILDLIFE) ANYWAYS I DOSED HIM WITH 0.2 ML (USING THE 1ML SYRINGE) OF BAYTRIL, HE WEIGHS ABOUT 9-10 OZ. I PUT HIM BACK TO HIS WARM BED WITH HIS BROTHER WHO HAD JUST BEEN FED (15ML) AND WAS ALSO ASLEEP. THEN 4 HOUR L8R I GO TO CHECK ON THEM AND HIS BROTHER IS AWAKE AND FEEDING ON A FEW CHEERIOS ETC I PUT IN THE BOX WITH HIM BUT HE IS STILL ASLEEP - OR SO I THOUGHT,SO I PUT HIM IN A BOX WITH HUMIDIFIER IN TO CLEAR HIS NOSTRILS FOR A BIT AND THEN I NOTICE HIS BROTHER WHO IS BUSY EATING HIS SOLIDS IS ALSO CLICKING SO I THOUGHT " OH BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY JUST IN CASE HE IS ALSO ILL I WILL DOSE HIM WITH SOME BAYTRIL SO I GAVE HIM 0.2 to 0.3 ML . POTTIED HIM AND PUT HIM TO BED,THEN GOT HIS POORLIER BROTHER OUT FROM HAVING SOME STEAM INHALATION THERAPY AND NOTICED THAT HE "WAS'NT" INFACT THE ONE WHO DEFFO HAS PNEUMONIA WHICH MEANS I HAVE DOUBLE DOSED HIS BROTHER.:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead YOU SEE THEY ARE SO ALIKE I HAVE HAD THEM SINCE THEY WERE 5 DAYS OLD AND I HAD TO PAINT THEIR BACK FEET NAILS TO BE ABLE TO TELL THEM APART ( WHICH IS NOW NOT AS BRIGHT AS IT WAS WHEN THEY WERE 1ST PAINTED,HENCE MY STUPID MIX UP:shakehead ) I AM SOOOO STUPID ....NOW I AM SOOOO WORRIED I HAVE OVERDOSED HIM WHAT SHOULD I DO?????? PLEASE HELP??????:Love_Icon mjs :Love_Icon :shakehead :shakehead :dono :dono ..How stupid of me to have come all this far with them then to go and do this!!!:Cry :frustratedx :madd PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!...i am and have been currently off work sick for the last 6 weeks.:Love_Icon

island rehabber
05-08-2008, 06:46 AM
Lisa -- check your PM's -- I don't like to put dosage info on the main Board. :)

Abacat
05-08-2008, 06:48 AM
Lisa,
Your babies are between 255 grams and 283.5 grams roughly... I'm not sure what to do when more is given...do NOT give them anymore until someone with more experience comes on...Good Luck!

I would post this in emergency, as it is monitored more closely. Nevermind, I see IR has sent you a PM. :grouphug Hope you and babies are feeling better soon.

Tappers
05-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Good luck with your babies (and your own health:) ) I know our homeland can be a lonely place when you're rearing outlaws..

ljhpsauce
05-08-2008, 07:57 AM
:Love_Icon :Love_Icon mjs :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :grouphug :grouphug ....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Sooooooooo much for all your helpfull advice:bowdown ....xxxxx Mwah!! xxxxx:bowdown

island rehabber
05-09-2008, 09:11 AM
how are the boys today, ljhpsauce???

sherbear59
05-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Just read your post ,,,,,,,,how are your baby's

TexanSquirrel
05-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Did we get this sorted out?

ljhpsauce
05-10-2008, 12:04 AM
how are the boys today, ljhpsauce???
:Love_Icon :grouphug Oh they are looking a lot brighter ...they are taking feeds (Esbilac and some Solids i.e. cashew nuts - they luv...etc) but tend to alternate that some feeds they will take a normal feed nice and "calmly" taking about 15ml+ and then other feeds only taking about 6ml. One of them (Norris tidgey squidge) stools/poos are a bit loose though - you know like one big "squashy" one, as opposed to lots of little firm/hard golden nuggets, but i guess that is norm when R off colour although his brother (Norman squidgy squidge's) are fine. One thing i have noticed though apart from them wanting to sleep a lot is they are very easily "spooked" & not as laid back as normal and R grumpy too - i had to separate them twice today coz they were fighting - although i think this is coz one wanted to play rough and tumble but the other didn't etc but the one that didn't was really screaming and when i had to separate them he was really wary of me too,and when they are getting fed on their big warm rice buddy cushion on my Lap they get nervous instead of their usual relaxed content cuddly selves and want to hide under my arm or down the sofa...but i suppose who doesn't when they are feeling poorly and "Bleurrr" Any ways i will keep you updated AND THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR KIND WELL WISHES AND SUPPORT:grouphug :grouphug mjs :Love_Icon :grouphug :grouphug :Love_Icon :bowdown thank you again :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon ..Mwah!..:Love_Icon :Love_Icon XXX

ljhpsauce
05-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Good luck with your babies (and your own health:) ) I know our homeland can be a lonely place when you're rearing outlaws........oh i wish!! ...i would love to be living there in your beautiful homeland.. Mmmmmm!!! LOL:Love_Icon :peace

jules
05-11-2008, 05:19 AM
Hi Lisa,
Sorry, I only just saw your posts today! :shakehead
Hope the boys are feeling better and hope you are too!
You can't go wrong with IR's help, she is an excellent rehabber who knows her stuff! :thumbsup

Take care!
Jules. :Love_Icon