PDA

View Full Version : US

Christy
07-10-2006, 01:10 AM
:dono Hello my name is Christy ,my Baby is Twister we r from Portland OR
Im Really new at Being a mommmy to my twister Iworrie all the time about is he eating right why does he sleep so much,why does he pooh so much
What should he Be eating or not eating ,is his home right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
can someone PLEAZZZZ tell me anything I have been to lots of pet stores in the area and ask for help and people give me wild Food and tell me to turn my baby back to nature but I dont think he would make it his family was scattered all over a small complex in apartments he was the only one barely alive his neck twisted funny hardly brething I picked him up laid him in the palm of my hand he must have only been maybe 3-4 inch long I eyedropperd\bottled feed
every hour he made it but I want him to keep makin it !!!! any advice would help do \should I set him free ????
I LOVE MY LILT MAN
thank you
Christy & baby twister

Secret Squirrel
07-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Hi Christy....:Welcome I copied this from another forum for you to get some quick answers. There are so many good posts to read but it can get confusing on how and where to find them. As you learn to navagate the board you will find more and more answers. Good luck and god bless!!
Becca

This thread hopes to provide information needed to caring for, or providing first aid for a baby squirrel. Here you will find links to well prepared work sheets as well as individual posts by our generous members.

I found a baby squirrel! Now What? (http://www.squirrelsandmore.com/category.cfm?Category=38) Information comprised by Christina Clark. Christina is a licensed wildlife rehabilitator in the state of Connecticut and has been since 1995. She is also a member of NWRA, IWRC, and CWRA. Christina also runs an Internet store where she sells squirrel supplies and offers a gift line that helps raise money to offset expenses for the many injured and orphaned squirrels that she cares for. You can email Chris at chris@squirrelsandmore.com or call her at the phone number listed on her website at Squirrels and More. (http://www.squirrelsandmore.com/)
A manual of infant care for beginners. (http://www.squirreltales.org/) Information in this manual is the work of Sarah Rowe, a licensed rehabilitor from Columbus Squirrel Rescue in Columbus, GA. The contents of Squirreltales.org have been reviewed and endorsed by respected, trained, and experienced rehabilitators across the country. You can email Sarah at scrga@aol.com or contact her by the phone number listed in her manual.
Raising Infant Tree Squirrels. (http://www.scarysquirrel.org/special/pets/infant/squirrelmanual.pdf) Our thanks go to Mary Cummins of Animal Advocates ~ Squirrel Rescue of 359 N. Sweetzer Ave. in Los Angeles, CA 90048. This .PDF file contains an ample amount of information to help you determine the squirrels age, nutritional needs, feeding techniques, housing and other issues related to the overall processes of squirrel rescue and rehabilitation. You may email Mary at Mary@AnimalAdvocates.us or contact her by the phone number listed in her .PDF document.

island rehabber
07-11-2006, 03:28 PM
:goodpost Rebecca!! You've put all the good stuff together in such a neat way -- every new squirrel rescuer should have access to this posting. Great work! Christy, how is Twister today? Were you able to get the info you needed?

Christy
07-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Twister seems to be doing well ,he's not real active, sleeps alot , I have become attached to him my husband has found a strong liking (love)for my lilt man Thank you for asking
LOTS of thoughts and worrie just want whats best for him!!!!!!!
Christy & twister

Momma Squirrel
07-12-2006, 07:51 AM
Christy you hang in there for Twister, sounds like you are a very good mommie and you will get lots of help and support on The Squirrel Board. Give him a good healthy start to life and lots of love and if you so choose to let him back into nature both you and Twister will be much better for all you will go through. You have already experienced the bond that grows so quickly with these little furry guys, it only gets stronger and better. Keep us posted on the progress and snap some pictures if you have a way to do so. Thanks for being there for him :thankyou