PDA

View Full Version : Video STills

SkwerlGirl
04-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Do you know how to take stills from the videos to turn into pictures? I have photobucket, snapfish, windows media, and quicktime...:dono

:thankyou :thankyou :thankyou

TexanSquirrel
04-09-2008, 04:32 PM
:dono

SkwerlGirl
04-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Anyone out there have a clue? :)

:poke :thankyou

SkwerlGirl
04-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Hm, it may require special video editing software...:thinking

Thanks!:crazy

SkwerlGirl
04-10-2008, 07:59 AM
Ooooh good idea. :thankyou :thankyou :thankyou

Abi
04-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Open windows movie maker... import video... press play... on the right hand side of the screen, just underneath where you view your videos should be a little camera icon.. that is technically, a shutter... :)

All you have to do, is pause at desired part of the film.. either side of the play button, you have two buttons... left and left frame by frame (and the same on the right hand side) just line up your shot and press that camera icon... ensure it saves to where you can locate the image and don't forget to give your snapshot a memorable title (helps for finding it later on too) :D

If like me, you're using Vista, that option might not be there, so the best option you have is to open the film in Windows Media player (and this trick works in other players - QT player, Real player and VLC) and find the 'print screen' (should look like 'prnt scrn' or similar) and then open your photo editing software (Paint, Photoshop or Irfanview) and select 'new' and then 'paste'. Remember to save your picture as a .jpg or .jpeg - again, with a memorable title... and also where you can find it (I have folders for folders containing even more folders... but I know where I'm up to! :rotfl )

So there you go... quick and simple :D