PDA

View Full Version : bottle feeding

nancy
07-07-2006, 10:59 AM
I am working with rat pups which look similar to baby squirrels around day 5. Occasionally I have to formula feed & do so with a 1 mL tuberculin syringe. I saw a video of baby squirrels being syringe fed with a nipple on the end & would like to know where to get these nipples. Our local vet supplier has been unable to help. I would appreciate if someone can direct me to a supplier. Thanks.

Nancy

island rehabber
07-07-2006, 11:19 AM
I am working with rat pups which look similar to baby squirrels around day 5. Occasionally I have to formula feed & do so with a 1 mL tuberculin syringe. I saw a video of baby squirrels being syringe fed with a nipple on the end & would like to know where to get these nipples. Our local vet supplier has been unable to help. I would appreciate if someone can direct me to a supplier. Thanks.

Nancy

Hi Nancy! Go back to the home page for this board and click on the upper right hand corner for Chris's Squirrels and More. Follow the links to "Rehabber Supplies".....Chris sells many kinds of nipple attachments for 1cc syringes. I happen to like the Four Paws brand, and I've used them to feed baby deer mice which are even smaller than rat pups, of course. Good luck and :Welcome to The Squirrel Board!