Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do squirrels "yawn"? Is it normal to yawn, or does it indicate a problem?

silverdragoneast Guest

Default Do squirrels "yawn"? Is it normal to yawn, or does it indicate a problem?

Also, they do not seem to like the powdered formula. I mixed it 1 part formula to 2 parts water per the directions, but they both would barely eat it
    Has anyone else noticed a preference of premixed over powdered?

darrakm Guest

Default Re: Do squirrels "yawn"? Is it normal to yawn, or does it indicate a problem?

Flyer babies yawn. It is the cutest thing.

Default Re: Do squirrels "yawn"? Is it normal to yawn, or does it indicate a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragoneast
    Also, they do not seem to like the powdered formula. I mixed it 1 part formula to 2 parts water per the directions, but they both would barely eat it
    Others have noticed their squirrels refusing formula for a while when switching from liquid to powder. They will adjust. Make sure it is WARM enough. Try feeding it a bit warmer.
    Henry's Healthy Pets
    Henry's Healthy Blocks, Fox Valley Formula, Fleecies Cage Gear and more

The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations… ~Henry Beston, The Outermost House, 1928

Mountain Mama is offline Her Royal Highness Administrator

All of mine have always yawned up a storm. Makes me smile every time.

~like a small grey teapot sits the squirrel ~wolfe

silverdragoneast Guest

Thanks, makes me feel loads better...I guess I am a bit paranoid

I just yawned looking at that pic! Funny how that works!!

Here's just a few of the Scooby yawning shots I found.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Awww! Scoob has the most adorable yawn ever!

"According to the powers that be,
    a squirrel can have as many lives as they think they can get away with."

Flyers boys: Chuck, Totoro, Appa, Frodo
    Flyer girls: Sen, Nim, Sansa, Arya
    Glaurung the Bearded Dragon
    Severus Snake the Western Hognose

FLUFFYTAILNUT Guest

MINE YAWNS....when he's waking up...or when he's tired..LIKE US...lol
    I havent been fast enough to catch him doing it though..with a camera...

I was never a morning person, but now I love waking up and watching Scooby. She yawns and stretches over and over. It's THE cutest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by 4skwerlz
    Others have noticed their squirrels refusing formula for a while when switching from liquid to powder. They will adjust. Make sure it is WARM enough. Try feeding it a bit warmer.
    As a recipient of some first hand advice from 4skwerlz, et.al....the warmth DOES make a difference. Make sure the formula is really warm, almost HOT.
    Good Luck. We are all routing for you!

TexanSquirrel Guest

Gamma, you left out one of the best Baby yawns of all time....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Buddy'sMom Guest

ADORABLE HAPPY PICTURES!!

Some of my fondest Buddy memories are of him just waking up and coming out of his nest for a stretch and a yawn --- too cute! I really missed that once he was released. But one day I happened to be outside when one of the wild squirrels woke up from a midday siesta and was treated to a lovely stetch-and-yawn!!

Yawning, and the "yucky" move (arms outstretched, drop the offending piece of food) have to be what makes me LOVE squirrels so much!!!
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

TexanSquirrel Guest

One of these days I'm going to get Teyla's morning yawn on camera.....

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber
    Yawning, and the "yucky" move (arms outstretched, drop the offending piece of food) have to be what makes me LOVE squirrels so much!!!
    bahhahha. sometimes I give Stubby a pecan just to see him go "Plehh" and open his mouth to let it fall. lol.
    My favorite is when my wilds hang from their toes from the tree and sttttreetchhh their whole body out and yawn. wish I could do that. looks delicious.

i am so much more than a body.

every moment is an opportunity to begin recovery.

today is tomorrow's history.,

Mars Guest

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragoneast

Try adding a 1/2 part of vanilla organic yogurt to your formula. It will make the taste more to their liking.

awww they are the cutest yawning pic ever!! what beautiful babies! must get quicker on the camara and get some of Squiggy yawning.
    x
    life is either a daring adventure...or nothing!

squirrelmanxx Guest

my Snuggles, the round-tailed Arizona ground squirrel, yawns too........a great time for me to see his formidable armaments!

fotheloveofsquirrels Guest

Pickles yawn's! He stretches his little arms out and let out a big yawn.............then he proceeds to clean himself. )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.