Thread: My 2 week baby Indian palm squirrels are suffering from yellow watery poop.

chattarajdipanjana Guest

Exclamation My 2 week baby Indian palm squirrels are suffering from yellow watery poop.

My 2 week baby Indian palm squirrels are suffering from yellow watery poop. I was feeding them puppy milk replacer. I rescued them yesterday. Suddenly since morning while feeding them I saw 1 of them was bloated and pool was yellow and watery. Other one was alright but suddenly now while feeding the other one is also pooping yellow brown sticky poop..

Please please help.

Default Re: My 2 week baby Indian palm squirrels are suffering from yellow watery poop.

Quote Originally Posted by chattarajdipanjana View Post
    My 2 week baby Indian palm squirrels are suffering from yellow watery poop. I was feeding them puppy milk replacer. I rescued them yesterday. Suddenly since morning while feeding them I saw 1 of them was bloated and pool was yellow and watery. Other one was alright but suddenly now while feeding the other one is also pooping yellow brown sticky poop..

Please please help.
    Never feed a bloated baby. You can give them some infant's simethicone drops ("Gas-X).

Babies need to be stimulated to go potty until their eyes open.

Many puppy formulas can cause diarrhea... in Europe they use Royal Canin pupply milk replacer... is that availble in India? Th most common use in the states is called "Esbilac" (the powdered one and not the liquid ready one).

This is a six page long primer on baby squirrel care, most of it applies to Palm Squirrels as it does to our squirrels here:
    https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/
    Squirrel Advocate

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

island rehabber (05-03-2024), supersquirrelgirl (05-03-2024)