Thread: Farley's rusks

Default Farley's rusks

Hi,

I've heard that Farley's rusks are good weaning food, does anyone know if they are given mushy or dry?

I have 2 greys that were displaced from their nests in storms a few weeks ago, they are both starting to wean.

Many thanks!

Default Re: Farley's rusks

Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    Hi,

I've heard that Farley's rusks are good weaning food, does anyone know if they are given mushy or dry?

I have 2 greys that were displaced from their nests in storms a few weeks ago, they are both starting to wean.

Many thanks!
    Hi Rosh:
    Thank you for finding TSB! I was about to apologize for your not receiving a response to this post but before I did, I checked and noticed that you had started another thread about this same issue. I'm glad that your questions were answered in tha5 thread! I will post a link to this "new" thread here so that other will know what has transpired. My suggestion would be to ask an Admin to merge these Threads and then delete this one.

Here is a link to Rosh's now active thread regarding recommended foods during the weaning process and the response that you received about using Farley's Rusks for Squirrels which that they are NOT an appropriate food for Squirrels under any circumstances and certainly NOT for a first food during weaning!

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...68#post1368568

Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

Default Re: Farley's rusks

Thank you for this... Only just seeing it now! Yes, I'm so grateful for the advice on this forum, there is so much conflicting info out there, I saw the advice about Farley's rusks on a rehab site, but wanted to check it out first. - glad I did!

I've brought rat pellets now... Just checking the safety of size on another thread before I offer them.

Thanks again for your response! ☺️