Thread: 9 Year old Moby HELP

Threaded View

Default Re: 9 Year old Moby HELP

Quote Originally Posted by RamiS View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Well, As of 3 days ago he has been waking up and acting totally normal, he has even started to run around again which I was so excited to see. This mornin I gave him what would be the final dose of ABs (total 7 days). My concern with him is the fact that I feel its up and down and I dont know why. for the past 3 days he would wake up, eat all his food, drink his water and run around and play for a couple hours but then for the rest of the day his activity level goes down to either sitting around or laying around in his bunker and I cant seem to understand why so I am hoping someone can shed some light on this question, I was thinking maybe its due to the AB since I give it to him around 10 am after he has had food and water and had time to digest a bit, so could this be due to the AB??? does it cause fatigue?

here is a video of him from this morning:

https://youtu.be/JK4DrrtY3-Q
    Hi RamiS and thanks for the update on Moby! He looks great in the video! I'll give you a possibly answer to your question about why Moby seems so full of energy and behaves quite normally early on and then seems to become a bit fatigued as the day goes by. First of all, from my post on 4/25, when I suggested using an antibiotic (Please also consider starting the Septra or the Augmentin I sent to you. While there does not seem to be laboratory evidence of a UTI, Moby may still have an infection such as a pneumonia or a skin infection where the bump is (or elsewhere)!, it was just as I stated, there was no definitive evidence of an infection but he was "acting sick" and at that time, you had seemingly made a decision to turn your beloved Moby over to a rehab facility that I felt would have done him no good! I was as desperate as you were for Moby to get some help Moby but we just saw different options. One of the reasons that I was considering was that Moby may have had an infection that was simply not obvious such as an abscess or pneumonia as the examples I gave. I am extremely glad that you opted out of taking Moby to the rehab facility as I truly felt that this would spell his demise and I am also glad that you opted for using the antibiotics! Obviously, Moby is much improved from from how your described things on the 25th and I truly hope that whatever was going on then is truly resolving as it seems to be doing. Antibiotics have many potential "side effects" and lethargy is certainly one of the commonly recognized side effects of Septra (and many other antibiotics) as noted from data gathering from human patients and that may be why Moby's energy level seems to decline as the day goes by but another possibility is that Moby did indeed, have some sort of infection and this too, can put new limitations on available energy as Moby would be utilizing energy stores to fight the infection (should this be the case) or it may be a bit of both! There may of course, be other explanations! Right now, I'm delighted to see how active Moby is today and I interpret this as a very significant improvement!
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SamtheSquirrel2018:

Chirps (05-06-2024), TubeDriver (05-05-2024)