Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meek has bumps and lumps

Default Re: Meek has bumps and lumps

We have a HUGE bottle of that stuff we use it for goats and horses so that'd be awsome of I could use it. Here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    I would not use any of those products. You can use ivermectin but you must be very careful how much you use. It will have to be given orally. I’m going to defer to someone else for the proper product and dosing. I know there are different strengths of ivermectin and you want to get the correct strength.

You can order Revolution from Joes Pet Meds online from Australia with no prescription. I think it can also be ordered from Canada, but I don’t know the site.
    That's awsome about Joe's pet meds.

https://www.joespetmeds.com/

Is that the site? Is everything on their site without prescription? Just wondering.

Yes, that’s the site. I think it will tell you if you need a Rx but I’m going to guess that most items don’t require one.

I will send you the dosing for the ivermectin in a pm.

Please post the weight of your squirrel. (s)

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

LaShae1995 (02-11-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by LaShae1995 View Post
    That's awsome about Joe's pet meds.

https://www.joespetmeds.com/

Is that the site? Is everything on their site without prescription? Just wondering.
    https://www.canadavetexpress.com/fle...-cats/p56.aspx

Faster shipping (from Canada vs. Australia and the pricing is better. 25% off right now.

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

LaShae1995 (02-11-2024), Mel1959 (02-11-2024)

Thanks Mel and CritterMom for your continued help! I've been at work and was not able to check back with this Thread!
    StS

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SamtheSquirrel2018 from:

LaShae1995 (02-11-2024)

Thank you all!!! Did yall think these orange things are chiggers? And may be causing the problem?

Thank you all!!! Did yall think these orange things are chiggers? And may be causing the problem?
    Hi LaShae:
    These do not appear to me to be chiggers for several reasons; 1) chiggers are tiny mite larva that are usually seen only with magnification, 2) they are ordinarily red, not pale orange or brown although they can get yellowish when full, 3) chiggers do not burrow into the skin or live on the skin, they bite and while they may remain on the skin for several hours and sometimes longer but they fall off and only the signs of the bite remain, 4) Chiggers are usually a problem in the summer months when an animal or person is out walking in grassy area where the chiggers may be located.

I tried to magnify your photos but they became pixelated and I could not see the details. Do these "orange things" seem attached to the individual hair strands? When I first saw them in another of your photos they appears to be dried bits of serous skin drainage but possibly they are lice and their eggs (nits). Revolution or Ivermectin would be ordinarily be effective for this. Would it be possible for you to take some new detailed, high resolution/magnification photos of whatever these may be while they are on Meek and then remove some of them and place them on a white piece of paper and take some additional photos of these as well?

Sorry I missed your original question about the "orange things!"

Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

11. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SamtheSquirrel2018:

LaShae1995 (02-11-2024), Mel1959 (02-11-2024)

These pictures are of bugs I found on Meek. The orange one was moving and crawling around and so was the "flea". The white things maybe are lice but their super tiny and I just couldn't get my phone to take great pictures of it. The white things were on Meeks hair strains. The orange bugs were highly located around the biggest lump on Meek so maybe they're causing the lumps?? I'll buy some revolution and I'll get the weight for dosing once the medicine arrives.

What do yall think about the lumps and bugs?

Unless yall think I could use ivermectin instead.. I have alot of that.
    I couldn't get weights today, they already went to their nest for today.

I found this... trombicula autumnalis.. also known as autumn chiggers I believe. That could be the name of the orange one. They cause itching 😬 so maybe she is scratching and chewing causing the lumps. The boy Mr has them now!
    The "flea" I guess it's just a squirrel flea or common flea ill look more into that. And the white things could be egg maybe??

What a detective you are! Rock ON! Little white things? My money is on eggs. Best to treat the whole crew? I'm late to this party - the admins will definitely want to provide input.

Jamie

15. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TomahawkFlyers from:

LaShae1995 (02-11-2024)

I found this... trombicula autumnalis.. also known as autumn chiggers I believe. That could be the name of the orange one. They cause itching 😬 so maybe she is scratching and chewing causing the lumps. The boy Mr has them now!
    The "flea" I guess it's just a squirrel flea or common flea ill look more into that. And the white things could be egg maybe??
    Hi LaShae:
    I realize that I bug people but sadly that does not make me an entomologist! Here is my very non-professional opinion on these "bugs." I do not believe that you are seeing chiggers for the reason I mentioned in an earlier post and that is that they are really quite tiny and all but invisible to the unassisted eye. IF they are seen without magnification, they are only seen as extremely tiny red dots! The white things I believe are nits (louse eggs). I don't believe that there are any fleas as these jump out of view immediately unless dead of course. The red plump bugs appear like they might be to be engorged tick nymphs but again, I do not know for certain! The other bugs I suspect are Squirrel lice. Hopefully others with more bug acumen than I possess (and that wouldn't take much!) will chime in and educate us all! Nevertheless, I would try to expedite treatment of Meek and the other Squirrels (I apologize if I missed their names but what are their names anyway?) with preferably Selamectin (Revolution is a brand of Selamectin) as this medication is not only extremely effective at treating mites, ticks, fleas, and lice but is also a very safe medication (relatively speaking)! IF it seem that Selamectin will not be expeditiously forthcoming, I would suggest using the Ivermectin. Mel or one of the Admins can help with mixing and dosing this medication. If you do use the Ivermectin, please follow their mixing and dosing instructions exactly as this is a bit more critical with this medication than the Selamectin! Please keep on with your questions, comments, and updates!
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

Please decide which drug you are going to use.

If you’re going to use the Selamectin then please get it ordered. The dose is 1 drop applied topically at the back of the neck onto the skin or 1 drop on a nut that is eaten. Typically you only treat every 30 days.

If you’re going to use the ivermectin then the product must be diluted and a weight would be best for proper dosing. It’s a much more potent drug and you don’t want to give too much. It may require retreating in 14 days.

18. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Diggie's Friend (02-27-2024), SamtheSquirrel2018 (02-12-2024)

Sorry I meant to send the weights this morning we was picking the truck up from the shop... anyways

Here they are
    Meek...530.5 grams
    Crow....515.5 grams
    Mr Q.....565 grams
    Sandy...623 grams

I have the ivermectin now so if possible I could use it. My sister can help me dilute it she's really good at that. The other medicine would be great but I'd have to order it and she seems like she needs immediate attention. So which ever you think is best please pm me. Thank you.

Sorry I meant to send the weights this morning we was picking the truck up from the shop... anyways

Here they are
    Meek...530.5 grams
    Crow....515.5 grams
    Mr Q.....565 grams
    Sandy...623 grams

I have the ivermectin now so if possible I could use it. My sister can help me dilute it she's really good at that. The other medicine would be great but I'd have to order it and she seems like she needs immediate attention. So which ever you think is best please pm me. Thank you.
    BUMP!

21. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SamtheSquirrel2018 from:

LaShae1995 (02-12-2024)

Is this the other meds yall was recommending or should I get the name brand revolution?

Is this the other meds yall was recommending or should I get the name brand revolution?
    Hi LaShae:
    I believe that it is! I can't see the ingredient on the attached photo of the box and that should be verified BUT if this is truly the generic for Revolution, that would be Selamectin and that IS the medication that was recommended! Do you have access to this?
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

24. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SamtheSquirrel2018 from:

LaShae1995 (02-12-2024)

I just wanted to confirm it before I bought it. It will take time to arrive so I thought maybe the ivermectin could be a better option as long as it is safe. I have a huge bottle in the refrigerator.

I just wanted to confirm it before I bought it. It will take time to arrive so I thought maybe the ivermectin could be a better option as long as it is safe. I have a huge bottle in the refrigerator.
    Hi LaShae:
    The Ivermectin is "safe enough" if mixed and dosed as directed. Mel or one of the ADMINS will need to send dosing instructions for each Squirrel to you via a PM. Also, I would suggest ordering the Selamectin anyway if you might be inclined to do so as it may still be needed especially if there is a suboptimal response to the Ivermectin! I will be working most of the next 2 days and will check back on TSB as I am able. Others are here for you, of course!
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

27. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SamtheSquirrel2018 from:

LaShae1995 (02-13-2024)

Ok will do thanks so much

I got it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast