Thread: Is Esbilac Puppy ok to feed again?

Default Is Esbilac Puppy ok to feed again?

I haven't been here in a while, but came to see what everyone was doing about the Fox Valley shortage. I did find some through other distributors, but I saw multiple posts that Esbilac (white can, white puppy, blue banner, with probiotics) was being used successfully. Is Esbilac back on the table for a milk source?

Default Re: Is Esbilac Puppy ok to feed again?

Yes, as long as it is the POWDERED version. The liquid is a totally different formula (no, I have no idea why) and will not work.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

Lake Gypsy (10-10-2023)

Did PetAg change it back to the original formula? Or is it something entirely new?

I'm still very gun shy of esbilac, I had a baby with multiple broken bones due to them changing the formula to one with calcium particles that were too large to be absorbed by squirrels.

Though I probably still won't use it cuz I'm paranoid, it would be great to know that I could if I'm ever in a bind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Gypsy View Post
    Did PetAg change it back to the original formula? Or is it something entirely new?

I'm still very gun shy of esbilac, I had a baby with multiple broken bones due to them changing the formula to one with calcium particles that were too large to be absorbed by squirrels.

Though I probably still won't use it cuz I'm paranoid, it would be great to know that I could if I'm ever in a bind.
    Yes, I remember it well. A dear friend on this board who unfortunately lost her cancer battle a while ago referred to it as the "Esbilac War" because we were just glued to the keyboards nonstop - answer a post and submit it and in that time 5 more had popped up. Yes, they addressed that - it was bad enough that it was apparently affecting their target market - puppies. I watched an episode on Animal Planet about a zoo in Melbourne Australia and they were puzzling and fighting to save a baby wombat that inexplicably had MBS and when I saw that can with the white puppy in a shot I just started yelling at the TV. I emailed everyone I could find a contact for there about it - I have no idea if it was ever even passed to the people who needed to know... I swore up and down that h*ll would freeze over before I used it again, but there are so few formulas that actually will work they kind of have everyone captive.

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Diggie's Friend (10-10-2023), Lake Gypsy (01-02-2024)