Thread: Your Opinion...

Apple Corps Guest

Default Your Opinion...

One of our nursing Mommas came up to me today - her rear legs seemed a bit wobbly. She would stop for a few seconds and raise her left rear leg up AND OUT in the air - almost like a male dog getting ready to.....

She was very close to me and no injury was seen and she uses her left leg and paw - but kind of gently. Many months ago one of our other foxers had a hurt right front leg/paw and would raise it up as if she was trying to show her underarm - any ideas??

Mars Guest

Default Re: Your Opinion...

When I see stretching like that my first guess is to check for swollen glands. If she is nursing she may just be sore or she may have an infection going on.

the fact that she's nursing adds a twist to it.

it's possible her leg is injured. it's very good, though, that she can still move it like that.

considering that she has babies out there somewhere, i would not capture her. just keep an eye on her. if she begins to lose weight VERY rapidly, if her fur becomes ragged and dirty, if she is unable to climb or jump, then you may consider catching her.

if that doesn't happen, though, you gotta let her suffer for the sake of the babies. hopefully it's just a sprain or soreness that she's trying to work out.
    :bounce2thundersquirrel:bounce2

Apple Corps Guest

She just showed up for breakfast treats and was moving a bit better - no odd leg movement to the side - so fingers crossed that it was not anything serious.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.