Thread: Bald spot

Default Bald spot

Last month someone close to me passed away and I've had to do some traveling with the squirrel (basically taking a 6 hour drive home on the weekends). She has had to come with me due to her having epilepsy and daily medication. Unfortunately I am currently having to stay somewhere other than home and she has gone from an 8x10 room to a cage (with time out of the cage). She developed a bald spot at the base of her tail about the size of a nickle. The skin isn't irritated. She is also currently molting the rest of her fur normally. Otherwise she is acting fine. Do you think this is stress related or just a weird molt?

Default Re: Bald spot

Can we see a pic please? - the pic will help us decide if the bald spot is stress related or molt taking place. Thanks.

I don't have a phone that can do that so I'm waiting for someone to help me take a picture.

sorry it took so long. The spot hasn't grown in size since I first posted. Skin doesn't look irritated.

Name:  17093906_10100901710912924_2133403325_n.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  81.7 KB

Is there something in her cage that she could be rubbing against as she enters and exits it?