Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now Hydrated...But CONSTIPATED! Which is better? Molasses or apple juice?

Default Re: Now Hydrated...But CONSTIPATED! Which is better? Molasses or apple juice?

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    Just to clarify.
    Years ago the Esbilac had major problems with the babies digesting
    the formula. You will still see OLD posts on TSB where we did NOT recommend
    Esbilac, but those are from years ago.

They have since changed their formulation and ingredients and it works perfect now.
    As long as the third ingredient is dried whey protein concentrate
    you are good to go.

The beauty of this board is that we have members from all over
    the country and we share thoughts and opinions on
    procedures/formulas/meds/diets etc. with and we see what works best.

TSB is current, and not just some static web page written years ago and never updated.

Would you please post Girly Bug's pic from today? Her skin has dried out and she looks dehydrated AGAIN just since her 3:30 feeding! I feed every 3 hrs around the clock.

Default Re: Now Hydrated...But CONSTIPATED! Which is better? Molasses or apple juice?

Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyDo View Post
    Would you please post Girly Bug's pic from today? Her skin has dried out and she looks dehydrated AGAIN just since her 3:30 feeding! I feed every 3 hrs around the clock.

Let's keep all of your posts together.
    I will merge the other posts with this one.
    These are coming through so small it's hard to
    see anything well.

Here's ScrappyDo

3. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

lennysmom (02-26-2017), SammysMom (02-26-2017), ScrappyDo (02-26-2017)

Girly Bug
    She doesn't look dehydrated to me.
    Not sure why these photos are coming out so small.

Last edited by Nancy in New York; 02-26-2017 at 01:58 PM.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

SammysMom (02-26-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    Girly Bug
    She doesn't look dehydrated to me.
    Not sure why these photos are coming out so small.

Oh! That's awesome! Maybe her skin is just dry? Sometimes she seems so much more plump than other times!

I did send small pic files from my phone. Maybe that's why? If I have to send more I will not edit them to make them smaller.

I really appreciate your help!

Anyone have any ideas on how to keep poor Scrappy from repeatedly hurting his toe? I'm sorry. I know I'm aggravating the crap out of everyone.

Anyone have any ideas on how to keep poor Scrappy from repeatedly hurting his toe? I'm sorry. I know I'm aggravating the crap out of everyone.

Can you resend the photos of Scrappy's toe and I will resize,
    but they are difficult to see.
    I will put them on asap, but I'm on and off the board a lot.
    I'm glad you're asking questions, that how we've all learned.

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

ScrappyDo (02-26-2017)

Geez, I've seen this before on the board, but can't remember what
    was done for it.
    Hopefully someone else will remember what caused this and what course
    of action should be taken.

Scrappy's Toe

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

ScrappyDo (02-26-2017)

Poor little toes! There's no threads wrapped around his sweet toes are there? And nothing or no one chewing on them? Not caught on or in anything? Just thinkin--poor baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenlegs View Post
    Poor little toes! There's no threads wrapped around his sweet toes are there? And nothing or no one chewing on them? Not caught on or in anything? Just thinkin--poor baby!
    No, nothing like that. His poor little toe was injured when I got him at 2 days old. It looked like it was about to fall off! I was told Scrappy and his sister took a 20 foot fall. It did a number on him! It just will not heal because, true to his name, he is a scrappy little fellow! I do believe he is keeping it injured by crawling around. I've never seen fresh blood, it's just scabbed over, but it does not want to seem to heal and his little nail fell off yesterday. I did not see it happen though. It was there at one feeding and gone the next. I was just wondering if there was a way to stabilize it so he does not keep injuring it while crawling around. He can get quite active when he is hungry! Other than his poor little toe, he has healed nicely.

Update on Scrappy's toe. The scab fell off and the skin underneath is nice and pink with a tiny scar you can barely see. Nail is still gone, but even if it doesn't grow back, he will be fine!

Update on the bathroom issue: I added fv 20/50 at 1/4 fv to 3/4 esbilac and their poops improved immediately! It will be 48 hours today at 3 pm that they have been on it and they seem to be doing very well. So I will increase to 1/2 and 1/2 today at 3 and monitor.

Thanks for all the help!

Update on Scrappy's toe. The scab fell off and the skin underneath is nice and pink with a tiny scar you can barely see. Nail is still gone, but even if it doesn't grow back, he will be fine!

Update on the bathroom issue: I added fv 20/50 at 1/4 fv to 3/4 esbilac and their poops improved immediately! It will be 48 hours today at 3 pm that they have been on it and they seem to be doing very well. So I will increase to 1/2 and 1/2 today at 3 and monitor.

Thanks for all the help!

Fantastic update. It seems that many are doing better when the 20/50 is added, it has more fat than the Esbilac,
    so it's a nice balance.
    Thrilled to hear about little Scrappy's toe!

16. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

Scott (03-04-2017), ScrappyDo (03-04-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12