Thread: Guppy breathing still??

Default Guppy breathing still??

Splinter is about 9 weeks now, his eyes opened Thanksgiving Day. He weighed in at 280 grams yesterday and we feed him 14-19 cc of esilbac with pro and prebiotics 3 times a day. He also gets a Henry's healthy pet baby squirrel block daily along with fresh spinach, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, green beans, and kale. For treats we have given him small amounts of coconut oil (which he loves), tiny bits of apple, avacado, and a grape tomato. He did help himself to a bite of cool whip off my plate once and of course loved it but he isn't allowed junk food and hasn't been given the opportunity to steal any since. He has a soft, full coat. He is very mobile and has plenty of strength, his energy level can only be classified and wide open! Eyes are clear and he seems to be progressing very well. He washes he's little face and tail after eating or waking up, makes his own bed. The only time I have concern about him when he eats his formula. He had episodes of feeding trances and guppy breathing from the time we got him so it isn't something that started recently, but when should he grow out of guppy breathing? He doesn't do it every feeding but then the next feeding he might have several episodes. As soon as he snaps out of it he will lunge right back toward the syringe to eat more. Oh and this morning when I took the syringe out of his mouth while he was doing his guppy breaths he made a grunting noise like he was mad I took his food away.

Default Re: Guppy breathing still??

Guppy mouth is ok....he will grow out of it