Thread: Bedding, cage

Default Bedding, cage

As we have amples of Spanish Moss in FL, can this be used as squirrel bedding? Have a cage I purchased, was wanting to know when would be a good tome to put the 2nd floor in?Name:  Cage103016c.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  1.81 MB

Default Re: Bedding, cage

I don't know about moss, but they look big enough to have height added to that cage. They sure are cute!

Yes they are. Center of attention. Seem to be happy as we are. Just holding off 2nd story till bones get a little stronger. Their 6 or 6.5 weeks, so just wanted to know if 2nd story is put in a fall wouldnt hurt

I kept mine in the smaller areas for as long as possible until they got super bored so I could delay them getting super bored with the next space I planned to put them in because I am keeping them over the winter and I anticipate them getting quite stir crazy before spring.

sage598 Guest

Our 2 squirrels are about 7 weeks old and need a cage soon. They are currently in a large plastic see through storage container. It has blankets, a heating pad, a small dish of rodent block, a small dish of fruit, and a water bottle that they haven't touched since we put it in (about 5 days ago). And guidance on housing and what to put in it would be appreciated. What size cage is recommended height wise? We do plan on releasing them around 16 weeks to 18 weeks as recommended. Thanks!

Bought mine on Amazon. Its modular, so you can add as much as you like. Comes with 2 levels which at first I only assembled 1 level till they became active and a tad older. Their now 7.5 weeks and the love it .... (i guess). Mine is a X-large Small animal Cage CW55801 by CheeWePet.

Name:  Cage2story.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  1.32 MB