Thread: Cat tower idea's

Default Cat tower idea's

Hey Everyone,

I want to get my 1.8 years old fox squirrel a cat Tower. Do you recommend anything in specific, a certain type of fabric maybe? I just worry that he might chew and eat the fabric or the plastic its made with and swallow that stuff!

Any idea's

Default Re: Cat tower idea's

Hi Romeo; my 5 year old Trooper has had a cat tower for the past 4 years and he loves it. It is his playhouse and sanctuary when he gets scared. Mine is made with a covering that looks like carpet material, thick nap not the plushy or fur-like looking one. He has used it to stash food and nuts in it. The nap is about 1 to 1.25" long. I think they learn fairly quick what they can eat and what they cannot, remembering always that rodents, like squirrels are; taste and "test" their environment with their mouth all the time. It is part of their nature.

Hope you find one for your squirrel soon and I am sure he will be thrilled with it.

Trooper's dad

Go to Ebay, and search on "cat tower" and "Cat condo". They normally have really nice ones for less than $100 - and you couldn't build one for that.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

DarkLies212 (06-22-2016)

Craigslist is a great place for cheap cat towers too!! Found exactly what I was looking for for $25

I have a couple of these. I can't even build one for this price. They are well made and easy to assemble. There are many like this on eBay with a HUGE price range for the same product. I don't get that. Other colors are available but when you shop make sure you pay attention to the shipping. Some that appear cheaper than this might have $100 shipping charge. Buyer beware. I think this was about the cheapest one that included shipping. Squirrels just LOVE these things.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cat-Tree-80-...gAAOSw3YNXafzX

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

PennyCash (06-24-2016)

Amazing advise thank you all so much.
    would you recommend the one in the link?

Yes, I would. GREAT value. Sturdy and the squirrels love it.

If you want a darker color (navy or brown) here's one for a few more dollars but still cheap.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Cat-Tree...eT_cTUSbmjJVaQ

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

PennyCash (06-24-2016)

Great

Thank you all so much.

My boy loves his cat tree, he acts like a cat too.. lol

We make sure to have 3 live trees in PeeWee's room for her to climb on.
    She likes them but the absolute majority of her time is spent on her cat Trees. She has 2 of them and that is where she spends the majority of her time during the day. As many have said you can find some awesome cat trees on eBAy. Massive ones with all kinds of levels, hiding spaces and play things. Your squirrel will love it guaranteed.

Interestingly while PeeWee will chew everything including walls she does not chew on her cat trees at all. Either they are too valuable to her or she just does not like chewing the material.

Your squirrel will absolutely love it if you get one for it.
    Proud Squaddy to Pee Wee Squirrel, Lebron, Marino, Griese, Csonka, Patty, Sneezy, Grumpy, Shortcake, Trixie, Stinky, Hooty, Chewey, Bucky,Peyton, Dash, Braveheart, Thelma & Louise, Plumpkin & Spice, Nemo & Dori, the three little bears Smoky, Yogi and Booboo.

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Coralreefer from:

PennyCash (06-24-2016)

Coralreefer: intertesting you mention that your NR does not chew the cat trees, as Trooper does exactly the sme thing! Any other surface is game for chewing, peeing or pooping, but his tree- although messy as hell- does not have any damage or dirtiness. I believe more so now, that there is a reason for this behavior and it could be that the tree is their 'sanctuary'

Trooper's dad
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    " When you save someone's life, you're responsible for theirs for the rest of yours" - Confucius
    Trooper's Troop: Plain, Rufina, Scratchy, Runty, Blackie, Beanie, Biff, PreetyBoy, Limpy, Jaws, Scarface, Badtail and Housemama
    Trooper's Story at: http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/interests/trooper-friends-9554554?vk=759PD8gn7A

16. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Trooper from:

Coralreefer (06-24-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    Coralreefer: intertesting you mention that your NR does not chew the cat trees, as Trooper does exactly the sme thing! Any other surface is game for chewing, peeing or pooping, but his tree- although messy as hell- does not have any damage or dirtiness. I believe more so now, that there is a reason for this behavior and it could be that the tree is their 'sanctuary'

Trooper's dad
    I think you are right.
    Proud Squaddy to Pee Wee Squirrel, Lebron, Marino, Griese, Csonka, Patty, Sneezy, Grumpy, Shortcake, Trixie, Stinky, Hooty, Chewey, Bucky,Peyton, Dash, Braveheart, Thelma & Louise, Plumpkin & Spice, Nemo & Dori, the three little bears Smoky, Yogi and Booboo.

Name:  PeeWeecattree.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  48.8 KB

Name:  peeweecatree2.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  77.2 KB

Satisfied customer....

My flyers don't chew their cat trees either but they do use it as a platform for chewing the drywall.

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    My flyers don't chew their cat trees either but they do use it as a platform for chewing the drywall.
    Oops

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    LOL... yep same here...... and we rent.....

Gardentoes11 Guest

My boy Jasper Hans doesn't chew his cat tree either, but it's his favorite toy. Better be for as much of the living room as it occupies! He does pee on it, though, so periodically I'll spray it with a chlorhexidine/water solution & wipe it down with one of those slightly abrasive Lysol wipes, & once dry, it's back to new condition. I added a string of 3 un-coated small grapevine wreaths wired together & a cardboard tube that some kind of big poster was shipped in, & he dearly loves it! wrestles with the wreaths & zips through the tube, as well as climbing all over the CT!