Thread: Found young sguirrel

Gerrie Guest

Default Found young sguirrel

I found a young squirrel. He or she looks older than 5 weeks, maybe 7 or 8 weeks old. She seems to be injured on her front leg. Picked her up and put her in a pet carry on. She is in a nice quite area. Gave her some water and a bit of peanut butter. I hope a rehabber can help me.

Thank you, Gerrie

Default Re: Found young sguirrel

Hi, welcome and thank you for rescuing her.

Can't promise anything for sure, but contacted some ppl - so need to wait. Usually it is very difficult to find a good rehabber in Qc.

IF someone becomes available, it might be in St. Lazare area (again, just a possibility) - will you be able to bring her there?

Please check here often.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to astra:

DarkLies212 (05-11-2016), lennysmom (05-11-2016)

so far no prospects have come up (Like I said, QC is a very difficult area).

IF no options materialize, would you be willing to raise her yourself? - you will get all the help/instructions/etc. Just asking - just in case.

SO, please keep checking here. If something comes up - it will most likely be posted here (or someone will contact you through private messages)

Gerrie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by astra View Post
    Hi, welcome and thank you for rescuing her.

Can't promise anything for sure, but contacted some ppl - so need to wait. Usually it is very difficult to find a good rehabber in Qc.

IF someone becomes available, it might be in St. Lazare area (again, just a possibility) - will you be able to bring her there?

Please check here often.
    Thanks, I already love her. Went and got her some kitty formula. She drank good and now she is sleeping like a baby should. I can take care of her, but she needs to be rehabilitated to nature and squirrelly life.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Gerrie from:

SquirrelSense (05-23-2016)

Gerrie Guest

I would definately be able to take her to St. Lazare. If not I will try and do my best by her!

Thanks Gerrie

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrie View Post
    I would definately be able to take her to St. Lazare. If not I will try and do my best by her!
    Thanks Gerrie
    Unfortunately you need to scrap the kitten formula, it is not good for squirrels and is inadequate for their
    nutritional requirements. Puppy formula is what you need and if you can obtain it Esbilac puppy formula
    is recommended. Powder not liquid and with pre and pro biotics as pictured on right.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

Gerrie, please check your private messages.

Hi Gerrie,

Please check your messages asap.
    (I know you do, but just in case you see this sooner, I am posting this notice).

Welcome! When I was new here, I found the following to be extremely helpful. It answered many of my questions about helping a young squirrel until rehabbers could be found, how to keep them warm, etc. Link is here, the first post on this thread is what I am referring to, http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...-Squirrel-Care

Don't hesitate to ask any questions on here even if they were covered elsewhere, but not explained well enough. Thanks for helping this little one.

If you need someone to take care of him...I am available. I'm near St Eustache. I have everything ready....formula hhb. You can contact me
    514 691 1344 or email.
    Mylan1344@hotmail.com

Martine Lewis

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.