Thread: Foods high in Calcium

Default Foods high in Calcium

Hi All, just wondering what unprocessed foods is high in Calcium and good for squirrels?

He is ~8+weeks old and i have a piece of cuttlefish bone and a mineral chew stone in the cage, cuttlefish bone is quite stinky and the stone is a weird purple color...looking for something else besides those.

TIA!

Default Re: Foods high in Calcium

this is the chewing stone...

[/URL]
    [/URL]

Annabelle's papa Guest

Hi SlowcarIX, you might have to boil the cuttlefish bone to prevent it from having an odor, but it is good for MJ to chew on. And the purple mineral stone is great, it has three forms of calcium in it and MJ should eat some of it all the time.

Other great sources of calcium are sea shells and 'egg shells', but you would have to grind them up into a powder before giving them to MJ. The grape mineral stone is very good by itself, and as I posted on your other thread MJ really needs some goat milk.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try antlers! I got some tips online for a good price! Boil it for 4 hours to sterilize it and then let it dry. My rehabs love them, especially the center portion.