Thread: growing hibuscus plants for squirrells

Default growing hibuscus plants for squirrells

I am going to grow some hibiscus plants for my boy to enjoy. Does anyone one if the miracle grow potting soil will do anything to the plant that can hurt squirrels? Should I just use top soil? Don't want to take any chances. Thanks, Lisa and Rexie

Annabelle's papa Guest

Default Re: growing hibuscus plants for squirrells

Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    I am going to grow some hibiscus plants for my boy to enjoy. Does anyone one if the miracle grow potting soil will do anything to the plant that can hurt squirrels? Should I just use top soil? Don't want to take any chances. Thanks, Lisa and Rexie
    Hi Ms. Lisa, Miricle Grow potting soil is a very good product because it has been premixed with a balanced amount of fertilizer enough to last for approx 3 months. I recultivate more of it into my soil each year, just use the same practice of washing any produce you bring in from outside.

Thank you for the quick reply. I am anxious to get these growing for him to enjoy the flowers. I want to be as safe as possible. Lisa and Rexie

so the fertilizer does not hurt the plant for them to eat?

Annabelle's papa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    so the fertilizer does not hurt the plant for them to eat?
    Hi Ms. Lisa, the growth process of the plant, flower, or vegetable expends the chemical value of the applied fertilizer, the greatest amount of concern is usually with chemical pesticides applied during the growing period.