Thread: Random food questions

Default Random food questions

Is there any kind of lettuce or cabbage that they're not supposed to have (I know kale in moderation, and no spinach)? It seems like most leafy veggies are pretty good?
    And another kind of goofy question. The very first feeding guide I found online said veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, along with romaine lettuce and most beries have a lot of oxalates in them (possibly leading to bladder stones) and should be fed sparingly. Every other list I've seen says they can be fed freely. So, am I ok to not be worried about those foods (mine seen to like them)? And should broccoli, sprouts, ect be cooked before feeding? I swear, I never thought I would put so much thought into feeding anything, even the humans in my family.

Default Re: Random food questions

Quote Originally Posted by rottilvr79 View Post
    I swear, I never thought I would put so much thought into feeding anything, even the humans in my family.
    I KNOW RIGHT??? Lol... In our family, the squees are less than 1/1000th of the combined body weight of the humans, yet they're AT LEAST 30% of the grocery bill

Hubby has a frozen dinner & I've spent the last 30 minutes slicing, dicing, julienne-ing, & chopping seven different fresh veggies for the fuzzbutts

This just made me laugh out loud! I had to throw out the grocery rcpt today before going into the house so that hubby didn't see that the fresh fruit and veggies for the squirrels was more than half of the bill...
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinTN View Post
    I KNOW RIGHT??? Lol... In our family, the squees are less than 1/1000th of the combined body weight of the humans, yet they're AT LEAST 30% of the grocery bill

Hubby has a frozen dinner & I've spent the last 30 minutes slicing, dicing, julienne-ing, & chopping seven different fresh veggies for the fuzzbutts

LOL As a general rule, if something in my grocery cart looks even semi-healthy, it's for an animal. There have been several times when someone in a checkout line has asked me how to cook some veggie I have and I'm like "I don't know, I don't eat that."