Thread: Stubborn baby....food questions....!!!

Exclamation Stubborn baby....food questions....!!!

Squirrel baby, 9.5 weeks now. I have stopped giving him any veggies (which he was not eating anyway) as he was not eating his block (from Chris'-mazuri brand?) well at all.

He weighed 10.9 oz/309g this morning, he is taking 21cc of Esbilac 3 x a day now. He still will NOT eat the rodent block. I got some of the Henrys Hi-Protein blocks for him to try and he does love them, I give him 1 a day right now.

Is his refusal to eat the block a concern? Is the Henrys block enough for him? I was told to NOT give him any fruits or veggies until he eats his block well. I did not have any of these issues with my last babies I rehabbed, this stubborness is new to me lol.

We also just moved him to his BIG cage, 5x6x3', which I will over-winter him in.

Any suggestions? And should I still hold off on the veggies?

Thanks for any tips!

Default Re: Stubborn baby....food questions....!!!

2 Henrys a day (as an adult) plus whatever brand of additional blocks you have can just sit in the cage in case he gets hungry. He doesn't like the Mazuri because they are not very tasty! The Henrys are designed to be fortified to take care of their daily vitamin and mineral requirements, AND taste good.

I use Henrys as my principal block, and my guy always has a handful of Harlan Teklad blocks to eat or not as he pleases.

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    2 Henrys a day (as an adult) plus whatever brand of additional blocks you have can just sit in the cage in case he gets hungry. He doesn't like the Mazuri because they are not very tasty! The Henrys are designed to be fortified to take care of their daily vitamin and mineral requirements, AND taste good.

I use Henrys as my principal block, and my guy always has a handful of Harlan Teklad blocks to eat or not as he pleases.
    Thank you! So I should still hold off on introducing any veggies or is it ok as long as he is eating his Henrys blocks?

Also, he wont need any supplements at all if he eats the Henrys blocks?

Quote Originally Posted by YamahaGirl View Post
    Thank you! So I should still hold off on introducing any veggies or is it ok as long as he is eating his Henrys blocks?

Also, he wont need any supplements at all if he eats the Henrys blocks?
    Once he is eating his Henry's really well, begin to introduce healthy vegetables, once he is eating those, you can go to the occasional piece of fruit as a treat, etc. And if he is eating 2 Henry's a day, as long as you aren't feeding him 100% junk for the rest of his diet, he is all set. It is why almost all of us use them.

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    Once he is eating his Henry's really well, begin to introduce healthy vegetables, once he is eating those, you can go to the occasional piece of fruit as a treat, etc. And if he is eating 2 Henry's a day, as long as you aren't feeding him 100% junk for the rest of his diet, he is all set. It is why almost all of us use them.
    Thank you, I appreciate it!