Thread: RE A Forever Home For a Flyer

Default RE A Forever Home For a Flyer

Hi SB Family,

I unfortunately am writing today to ask if anyone knows of someone who would want a flyer. I ask you guys, because I know you would find a great home for a little critter that means the world to me. I did not want to EVER come to this decision of having to give up my little Jax, but school and work have become very stressful and take up all of my time lately. I just don't think its fair for Jax to be cooped up in a cage and not have any bonding time with me. Its selfish of me to want to keep him that way. I want to find someone who would have the time to play with him and cuddle him and take care of him the way he deserves to be taken care of. Please let me know if you know of anyone that would want him. Thank you so much.

Chelsea

Default Re: RE A Forever Home For a Flyer

So sorry you have to give up your little boy.. I would take him but I am to far away, but you came to the right place I am sure someone will be willing to give him a good home.. If you could please post more info like age temperament diet likes dislikes and maybe a pic that would help out in finding him a good home...

Well Jax is turning 4 in November. Considering I haven't socialized with him as much as I should have because of school, he may need some work on socialization. His diet is a squirrel block in the morning (Henerys Picky Eater Squirrel Blocks) Then in the afternoon he would get 2 wax worms rolled in calcium and a salad (usually he would have some broccoli, sugar snap peas, a cube of avocado, some sort of leafy green, and a dime sized piece of fruit.) At night I would clean that all out and offer him another squirrel block and before I go to bed he will get a treat of some sort (peanut sticks from henrys or a shelled nut). He doesn't like playing in his wheel so a lot of out of the cage time is crucial. He LOVES sweaters and sports bras! He also likes to play tag which consists of him running up and down my curtains or through my sweaters and towels that are hung behind my door and then I have to find him (sounds silly but trust me he is actually playing!) He loves to be pet behind his ears. One thing he also needs work in is potty training. I find that when I take him out to play or to snuggle he will play on me for a bit and then use the bathroom on me. BE CAREFUL OF EATING FOOD AROUND HIM! HE IS A LITTLE SCAVENGER! HE WILL TRY TO SNATCH FOOD FROM YOUR HANGS! ESPECIALLY FRENCH FRIES OR POTATO CHIPS! He does have a problem with his teeth which I did take him to the Vet for and they told me to bring him in for frequent visits, but I really couldn't afford $900 per visit. Thanks to the squirrel board, members made it possible for me to bring Jax to them and help out with his teeth. I have X-rays that I posted a while ago if you would like to see them again I will post them in this thread. If you want to know anything else just let me know
    Quote Originally Posted by flyer girl View Post
    So sorry you have to give up your little boy.. I would take him but I am to far away, but you came to the right place I am sure someone will be willing to give him a good home.. If you could please post more info like age temperament diet likes dislikes and maybe a pic that would help out in finding him a good home...

here are some pictures of me and Jax .. he's very photogenic
    Attached Images Attached Images         

He is a cute little boy sure do wish I was closer and could help... Thanks for telling us about jax I hope it will help to find him a home... He sounds like a real joy...

Bump... Just trying to keep this post up in hopes that someone can help...

Potty training a flyer. Hahaha.

Annabelle's papa Guest

Bump... Just trying to keep this post up in hopes that someone can help...
    Greetings Flyer Girl, It has been a few weeks since your last post, have you been able to find someone to give a forever home to your little Flyer. I sure hope you have had some luck!

He is not my little boy although I wish I was closer so I could help out he seems like a cute little boy.. I hope she will post soon and let us know if he has found a new home..

Annabelle's papa Guest

He is not my little boy although I wish I was closer so I could help out he seems like a cute little boy.. I hope she will post soon and let us know if he has found a new home..
    Sorry Flyer Girl, I knew I was posting on Jaxisacutie1 but I had your "bump" quoted on the screen, and without paying attention I addressed your name,[Good thing I don't work in a ICBM silo,ha.] Not to mention my amateur computer skills. However yes it has concerned me that she hasn't posted about her little one all month, and I too hope she found someone.

Marlin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxisacutie1 View Post
    Hi SB Family,

I unfortunately am writing today to ask if anyone knows of someone who would want a flyer. I ask you guys, because I know you would find a great home for a little critter that means the world to me. I did not want to EVER come to this decision of having to give up my little Jax, but school and work have become very stressful and take up all of my time lately. I just don't think its fair for Jax to be cooped up in a cage and not have any bonding time with me. Its selfish of me to want to keep him that way. I want to find someone who would have the time to play with him and cuddle him and take care of him the way he deserves to be taken care of. Please let me know if you know of anyone that would want him. Thank you so much.

Chelsea
    Your flyer would have a wonderful life long home here. I am a zoologist who has devoted my life to helping and working with exotic animals. I have a huge cage and a room devoted to finding a flying squirrel, so if you want your friend to have a wonderful, lifelong home, I'm your person. Please get back to me as quickly as you can and we can arrange transportation.
    Alan
    Miami
    ALKoffice@yahoo.com
    786-657-7744