Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EMERGENCY HELP NEEDED-ASAP

Default EMERGENCY HELP NEEDED-ASAP

HEY TSB FRIENDS!

I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO SO I FIGURED ID GIVE THIS A SHOT. MY 1 1/2 YR OLD PUPPY WAS ATTACKED SOMETIME FRIDAY NIGHT. I FOUND HIM AROUND 9AM SATURDAY MORNING. WE THOUGHT HE WAS ATTACKED BY A DOG BUT LATER IT WAS REVEALED THAT HE WAS STRUCK IN THE HEAD WITH A BASEBALL BAT OR GOLF CLUB OF SOME SORT. IT SEVERELY DAMAGED HIS LEFT EYE AND SWOLE HIS HEAD SEVERELY. YOU COULD SEE THE INDENTION FROM WHERE HE WAS HIT ONCE SWELLING WENT DOWN. WE TREATED HIM WITH SMZ-TMP BECAUSE THAT IS ALL WE HAD ON HAND (WE KEEP IN CASE OF OUR PET SQUIRREL) AND COVERED IT WITH THIN LAYER OF VASELINE TO KEEP FLIES OFF IT. GAVE HIM MOTRIN FOR SWELLING & TYLENOL FOR PAIN. SWELLING WENT AWAY AND EVERYTHING LOOKED GREAT ON SUNDAY. THIS MORNING I LEFT HOME AT 5 AM AND WHEN I CHECKED ON HIM HE SEEMED FINE (IT WAS DARK AND HE IS A SOLID BLACK DOG BUT HE LOOKED OK) CAME HOME AT 2:15 AND HALF HIS FACE IS MISSING.IT APPEARS THAT SOMEONE HAS RIPPED THE SIDE OF HIS FACE OFF. IM NOT SURE WHO IS DOING THIS TO US BUT THEY MUST BE A SICK TWISTED PERSON. I CANT AFFORD ANOTHER VET VISIT AS I JUST PAID ALL THE BILLS AND WE DONT GET PAID AGAIN TIL THE 31ST I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. THERE IS NOTHING TO STITCH OR OR TO REATTACH. I HAVE PICTURES OF EACH DAY SINCE IT HAPPENED, THE FIRST IS VERY GRUESOME THE SECOND DAY LOOKS LIKE ITS HEALING AND NOW TODAY HIS FACE IS GONE AND SKULL IS OPEN AND YOU CAN SEE HIS BRAIN. WHAT DO I DO HERE? PLEASE HELP GUIDE ME. I DONT WANT HIM TO SUFFER ANY MORE THAN HE HAS TO. I CAN ATTACH PICTURES IF NEEDED BUT PLEASE BE CATIOUS BC THEY ARE VERY GRAPHIC AND GRUESOME AND KIDS SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM ROOM BEFORE VIEWING THEM

Default Re: EMERGENCY HELP NEEDED-ASAP

OMG... first you need to get him to an Emergency animal vet clinic ASAP......he could die from this injury and it needs to be seen NOW. This injury you descibe is NOT something that can be diagnosed or treated over the internet!

Then while you are waiting for the Emergency vet you need to call the police and report a possible case of animal abuse and trespassing (whether they were on your property or not, call it tresspassing!). This is horrible.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

OH MY LORDD,,,,,!!!!!

Poor guy man,, wow,, I dont have the words,, If someone is doing this evil nonsense, I hope karma gets them in the a**

Bless him,, so heart breaking

Would def call the cops or someone!!! Not sure what they can do tho,, :/That is just sick! Sick sick people!

Where in SC are you?

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    OMG... first you need to get him to an Emergency animal vet clinic ASAP......he could die from this injury and it needs to be seen NOW. This injury you descibe is NOT something that can be diagnosed or treated over the internet!

Then while you are waiting for the Emergency vet you need to call the police and report a possible case of animal abuse and trespassing (whether they were on your property or not, call it tresspassing!). This is horrible.
    Absolutely this baby needs vet care NOW.
    Tell them that you will make payments to them or whatever you
    have to so that your dog gets the care and treatment he needs.
    Is he an outside dog? Please keep him in when you aren't home.
    And as Maura said, CALL THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!

He definately needs the vet. Just take him, don't call. Just show up and tell them what happened, and I am sure they will see him, then while they are feeling sympathetic towards the dog, ask if you can make payments, cause you don't get paid till whenever.

Call the police. You will need vet statements and pictures to prosecute this monster.

Are you sure this is a petson doing this? Could it be some animal getting into your yard.
    Did you say you had him in the garage. Was it closed, so nothing can get in?

Also, dogs should not have tylenol, and I don't think motrin either.

You said it was revealed he was hit with a bat or golf club. Did someone tell you this?

Could he have been hit by a car.

If he has a bad brain injury, is it possible he scratched/rubbed his face off?

I am sorry, but I need to see the pictures, in order from first to last to help evaluate.
    But you really need to get him to the vet, and if you are sure a person did this, get the police involved.

He needs a vet asap. And why are you leaving him outside that injured knowing something is attacking him (again)?

Update- we called the cops right after i posted the thread. The cops came out and filed the report while i prepared him for transport to the hospital. Once we got him there we went over the emergency instructions i was given by the vet over the phone when the first incident occurred (which is who instructed the meds and how to dose them) This afternoon i gave the vet another call and sent the pics via email. They told me i could bring him in for a flat rate of $250 to be treated. Anything over this amount would be made in payment arrangements. We got him there and got the wound cleaned out and then the trama was clear. He was struck in the head several times with a blunt object and then his skin was cut off with a serated edge knife and had several stab wounds inside his skull as if he was stabbed after they cut his skin back and several of his tendons/muscles where his skin used to be was severed as well as if cut with the same serated edges. It was the most gruesome and cruel thing the vet had ever witnessed as well as me. Not only is there severe head trauma but may be severe brain injury. They kept him and are going to try to save him but they only gave him an 5% chance of survival but only a 2% chance of a normal life. I dont want him to suffer but i do want to give him a chance so they are going to do all they can to save him but keep him comfortable and free from pain. I will be sure to keep everyone posted on how it goes. I should know more in the morning after surgery.

Many prayers coming your way...
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

I am so sorry to hear all of this, I pray your little guy gets some much needed
    relief and pulls through after the surgery. Sending Healing Vibes your way.

Do you have any idea who would have done such a thing?
    There is a monster in your neighborhood. I hope the police were concerned, next time this monster might do this to a child. Lock your doors at night.

Is the vet going to report this to animal authorities?

Many, many prayers coming your way.

OH no. I am so so sorry.

So horrible.

Stephanie Carlson

St. Melangell Small Mammal Sanctuary
    ODNR Permitted Cat 2 Rehabilatator
    https://www.facebook.com/StMelangellSmallMammal/

Maybe you should alert the local media. People near you should be alerted to keep their animals inside. They can also report if they have an idea who did this. You can also ask for donations to be made to the vet clinic for the surgery and expenses.

YES -- get the media in on this!
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

I feel sick. This is definitely something to alert your neighbourhood and media about. The more people who know the greater the likelihood of finding the individual(s) involved.
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic929_1.gif

It takes someone very sick and twisted to do such damage. I hope they find out who and put them under the jail. Yes, notify the media as the community needs to be aware that there is someone loose that is a danger to their pets and possible themselves. Sending prayers your way. I know the prognosis is not good for your baby but at least he is getting care and hopefully some relief from such a traumatic series of attacks.
    Squammy to: Jordyn & Parkyr -Southern Flyers

2016 Babies - Sweet Pea & Chance

Releases: Della & James, Oak, Ash & Maple, Schitzo,Shawty,Cricket,Chandy,Bonnie & Clyde,
    Screech, Fiona, Porgy & Bess

RIP: Itty Bitty, Rascal, Whisper

Passion4Trashin on eBay ~ Click the link below to find great deals!
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/passion4trashin/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&rt=nc&_dmd=2
    or here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Passi...6044929?ref=hl
    If you have any questions or are searching for something please contact me via PM or
    passionfortrashin@gmail.com
    Per the new rule only sellers will be allowed to post in their thread in the "For Sale" Forum.

I was thinking the same exact thing.
    People do need to know so they can protect their pets.
    Someone knows who this monster is, and maybe this way they will report it.

And, that was a wonderful idea to ask that donations go to the vet clinic. There are many kind people.

Do you have any idea who might have done this?

Please keep us updated about his condition.

oh this makes me sick, I cannot believe people do these things, I can't tell you how sorry I am. I'll say some prayers for him, please tell us what happens.

Anyone capable of this kind of torture--is capable of much more... Protect yourself and your family.
    Prayers for your pup...what breed is he? can you post a "before" photo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast