Thread: Is this stuff good for squirrels?

Default Is this stuff good for squirrels?

Wanted TSB's opinion on this product called squirrel nut squares. I will post a link to the website and will list ingredients. Any input is appreciated.

Contents: rice cereal,ground pecans,sesame seeds,brewer's yeast,dolomite calcium,vitamin c,alfalfa powder,salt,cod liver oil,raw organic coconut oil.

http://www.squirrelnutrition.com/nut-square-kits.html

Default Re: Is this stuff good for squirrels?

Just from the first ingredient they are not good. Rice cereal appears to be the main ingredient and that is total crap for squirrels. HHBs from Henry's are made specifically to meet a squirrel's nutritional needs. If you want to make your own, I can send you a recipe.
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

Default Re: Is this stuff good for squirrels?

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    Just from the first ingredient they are not good. Rice cereal appears to be the main ingredient and that is total crap for squirrels. HHBs from Henry's are made specifically to meet a squirrel's nutritional needs. If you want to make your own, I can send you a recipe.
    Thanks, Sammy'sMom, I would love a recipe. My gut reaction was that this would be more of a treat considering the first 2 ingredients were rice cereal and ground pecans. I think they are intended as a supplement for wild squirrels. Is rice cereal actually bad for squirrels or is it just not as good as other options?