Thread: Yogurt

Default Yogurt

My little ones are eating hhb and still getting their formula of FV. They have started nibbling on fresh veggies and love the asparagus. Two really love broccoli. I'm considering adding a bit of stoneyfield yobaby banana yogurt. Should I put it in their formula or on a spoon? Abby loves to eat on my shoulder and will stash her veggies in my hair. They have a water bottle and I also have a shallow saucer with bottled water for them. They seem like they are always starving. They are 232 grams about 8 weeks now and getting 15 cc formula every 4 hours except night. I just had to remove the boy again due to them starting to suckle on him again. They had quit for a while but just started again. They also have an antler plus branches of elm to chew on.

Default Re: Yogurt

From what you are saying and they are doing, they need more food. They are hungry. Maybe putting a bowl of Mazuri blocks or other commercial blocks in their cage for free feeding? How much do they weigh?
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    From what you are saying and they are doing, they need more food. They are hungry. Maybe putting a bowl of Mazuri blocks or other commercial blocks in their cage for free feeding? How much do they weigh?
    The girls are 232 grams. I give them Henry's blocks. Three in cage in morning and if they finish that I put a few in there at night. They won't touch rat blocks after I introduced them to hhb. They just started going through the being starving stage yesterday. I'm thinking that they are going through a growth spurt.

I would bump up the formula amount up a bit to the full 7% which is 16.24 cc's. Yogurt is great for them and at this age you can offer it in a shallow dish. I agree about putting out some monkey biscuits for free feeding.
    Squammy to: Jordyn & Parkyr -Southern Flyers

2016 Babies - Sweet Pea & Chance

Releases: Della & James, Oak, Ash & Maple, Schitzo,Shawty,Cricket,Chandy,Bonnie & Clyde,
    Screech, Fiona, Porgy & Bess

RIP: Itty Bitty, Rascal, Whisper

Passion4Trashin on eBay ~ Click the link below to find great deals!
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/passion4trashin/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&rt=nc&_dmd=2
    or here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Passi...6044929?ref=hl
    If you have any questions or are searching for something please contact me via PM or
    passionfortrashin@gmail.com
    Per the new rule only sellers will be allowed to post in their thread in the "For Sale" Forum.

How old are they? It might be time to offer greens also. The suckling is a sign of hunger at their age. They do suddenly act starving. I have a crowd who is eating me out of house and home!
    Just went back and I see you already started salad. Some mixed greens might keep them busy also.
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

How old are they? It might be time to offer greens also. The suckling is a sign of hunger at their age. They do suddenly act starving. I have a crowd who is eating me out of house and home!
    Just went back and I see you already started salad. Some mixed greens might keep them busy also.
    They are 8 weeks old. I just started them on green salads. Sometimes they try hiding their blocks to look like they ate it. No nuts at this point and only a little fruit once a week. They also get fresh Brussels sprouts that I cut into pieces but they aren't crazy about them.

I just looked at the Mazuri web site, would you recommend the rodent blocks or would primate also do (if so, leaf eating, new world, ape or all 3), the primate comes in flavors so if those are okay to feed I think I might try them