Thread: these dam seizures

mandasbuddyboy Guest

Default these dam seizures

Is there anything I can get into my 2 yr old for calcium after 3 SEIZURES hes had today. Hes a Neuro NR and has episodes every few weeks, but has been having them more frequently. Tums in warm water and syringe???

Default Re: these dam seizures

Yes, that will work....but I believe you want to give it throughout the day....are you concerned he's seizing due to MBD or the neuro issues? I have seen here that molasses or karo syrup (even maple syrup) on the gums can help with seizures, sometimes.

Hopefully, some of our experts on these issues will post But I do know you can give the tums diluted in water

Throughout the day so his calcium levels stay up.
    Make the world a better place...one animal at a time

The Peace of Wild Things
    BY WENDELL BERRY
    When despair for the world grows in me
    and I wake in the night at the least sound
    in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
    I go and lie down where the wood drake
    rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
    I come into the peace of wild things
    who do not tax their lives with forethought
    of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
    And I feel above me the day-blind stars
    waiting with their light. For a time
    I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

mandasbuddyboy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shewhosweptforest View Post
    Yes, that will work....but I believe you want to give it throughout the day....are you concerned he's seizing due to MBD or the neuro issues? I have seen here that molasses or karo syrup (even maple syrup) on the gums can help with seizures, sometimes.

Hopefully, some of our experts on these issues will post But I do know you can give the tums diluted in water

Throughout the day so his calcium levels stay up.
    I dnt belive its MBD. His diet consist of hhb and fruits/veggies. When he does have a seizure, he will run in circles at the beginning. He completely evacuates his bowels and bladder and drools. When we do see him have one, we just pick him up and try to talk and rub him out of it. Any suggestions from anyone would be helpful at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by mandasbuddyboy View Post
    I dnt belive its MBD. His diet consist of hhb and fruits/veggies. When he does have a seizure, he will run in circles at the beginning. He completely evacuates his bowels and bladder and drools. When we do see him have one, we just pick him up and try to talk and rub him out of it. Any suggestions from anyone would be helpful at this point...
    Yes his diet sounds good Have you been told that calcium helps with seizures? Sounds like you're doing the right thing. The molasses on the gums would be worth a try...the molasses is the best because it has more to it that will help stabilize him, that's what I've been told.....but, I know we have alot of neuro's on the board so there may be other things you can try....

The Peace of Wild Things
    BY WENDELL BERRY

mandasbuddyboy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shewhosweptforest View Post
    Yes his diet sounds good Have you been told that calcium helps with seizures? Sounds like you're doing the right thing. The molasses on the gums would be worth a try...the molasses is the best because it has more to it that will help stabilize him, that's what I've been told.....but, I know we have alot of neuro's on the board so there may be other things you can try....
    I just tried Syrup and that was a sticky situation lol, ill have to keep some molasses in the house too.. thanks for your input I hope I can get some other Neuro Moms insight on his seizures

I just tried Syrup and that was a sticky situation lol, ill have to keep some molasses in the house too.. thanks for your input I hope I can get some other Neuro Moms insight on his seizures
    Me, too! Someone is bound to see it soon!

The Peace of Wild Things
    BY WENDELL BERRY

Neuro issues...3 seizures today....

The Peace of Wild Things
    BY WENDELL BERRY

Do you have vet access? You say he is neuro, what are his neuro symptoms? Did he take a fall as a baby? Valium is sometimes used. I had a neuro girl who did seize but only if she was very stressed. What preceeded the seizures, what was she doing?
    President--Meemor Anonymous,
    Mary...
    MISS YOU NUT, LOVE YOU FOREVER.
    BEAN, NOW IN HEAVEN BUT FOREVER IN MY HEART,
    I AM A BETTER PERSON FOR HAVING LOVED YOU.
    BUDDY...YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND AND I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER.
    PEANUT...YOU CHANGED ME FOREVER..AND TOOK MY HEART WHEN YOU LEFT.
    I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER AND A DAY.

lilidukes Guest

Prednisone might help.

Neuros are the best. They steal my heart. Our butters would have seizures from smelling meats and bones. But Kazees spells seem to have been too large of a space and Gramy's body spray. But with butters I gave him bits of butter, hence his name. Which was full of fat which helps brain development. Now Kazee just eats plain fat yogurt. Butters woukd nit touch yougurt. Also introducing both to smaller spaces and on the floor seemed to help. And we always stayed near and let thrm know we were near. And eventually they both ran the whole house. Butters learned to climb anything. Kazee climbs very very little. Kazee still had a head tilt when he gets tired, and he also stumbles when tired. They both learned to put themselves to bed. If you study your little one while out you may notice something may trigger the spells,.

mandasbuddyboy Guest

Buddy came to me with his Sister two yrs ago as pinkies, im unsure if they had a fall of just plain old abandoned , Buddy did have a dis coloration on his noggin as his sister didn't. his first seizure came in the fall after being on solid foods ( they were fed Fox Valley). I never saw his sis have one . he will run and climb and play and be a crazy man, then out of the blue he is twitching and thrashing ... he will usually run in circles first. they last 10-30 seconds . I was trying to get extra calcium carbonate in him but he is now refusing it. he will eat just about 2 hhb daily along with apple, pear, avocado, dandelion leaves, blueberry's, cherry tomatoes, baby corn and corn on the cob. with a pecan or acorn here and there. He did see a vet back in March to be declared NR ( although I already knew) and to talk about his seizures. Dr seemed to think it was a neuro issue and was not having the seizures close enough to one another to look into medicating him. If its Real hot outside, I bring him and his nest box inside to the ac, he gets ample time to run in his own back screened in porch with his 5 ft x 3ft cage . He gets very skiddish out of the blue too, but nothing out of the ordinary around to spook him. My heart breaks when he has these eposoides

Buddy came to me with his Sister two yrs ago as pinkies, im unsure if they had a fall of just plain old abandoned , Buddy did have a dis coloration on his noggin as his sister didn't. his first seizure came in the fall after being on solid foods ( they were fed Fox Valley). I never saw his sis have one . he will run and climb and play and be a crazy man, then out of the blue he is twitching and thrashing ... he will usually run in circles first. they last 10-30 seconds . I was trying to get extra calcium carbonate in him but he is now refusing it. he will eat just about 2 hhb daily along with apple, pear, avocado, dandelion leaves, blueberry's, cherry tomatoes, baby corn and corn on the cob. with a pecan or acorn here and there. He did see a vet back in March to be declared NR ( although I already knew) and to talk about his seizures. Dr seemed to think it was a neuro issue and was not having the seizures close enough to one another to look into medicating him. If its Real hot outside, I bring him and his nest box inside to the ac, he gets ample time to run in his own back screened in porch with his 5 ft x 3ft cage . He gets very skiddish out of the blue too, but nothing out of the ordinary around to spook him. My heart breaks when he has these eposoides
    First of all I would stop any corn. And I would spread out the HHB feedings, meaning one in the morn and the other for lunch or dinner. Sounds like our Kazee he goes n goes until he is so tired I have to put him up. I would try to keep track of his time up and the time the spells happen. If they seem close each time u trackthe times it may be he is wore out.

Lil Poto's Mom Guest

try just giving a regular calcium tablet Lil poto will eat them better than tums

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.