Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: baby red squirrel

Default Re: baby red squirrel

Quote Originally Posted by Shewhosweptforest View Post
    :
    Do you have him on heat? Is he in a safe container with fleece or t shirt material? Towels can get caught in their nails and cause injury. We suggest feeding them with the syringe under them so they don't aspirate and get pneumonia ....here's a pic showing what I'm talking about ...not the best pic and an older squirrel...but all I could find quickly I just posted it for someone else
    How do you keep them from pooping on you whle your feeding them like that :P

Mine like to poop when they eat....

Also.. Make sure the fleece is a good quality.. I am having trouble with mine getting their nails caught in the fleece. Yet.. their nails are like little razors.. all the bettter to climb trees with my dear

There are posts on here recommending certain lamps. You'd have to search for them if no one responds. Btw, he would get enough D from a quality block, which he needs anyway. Is he on Henry's? Some argue that lamps provide other benefits.

Thumbs down Re: baby red squirrel

Quote Originally Posted by tap31974 View Post
    I am looking into getting a day light lamp for Isis because I read how she needs vitamin d from sunlight but unfortunately I am not able to bring her outdoors due to I don't want my neighbors to see her same goes for the Windows so I found this lamp on Amazon but I'm not sure if this is what I'm needing really need help with what I need to get for her. What I'm looking at now is called nature bright sun touch light plus ion therapy lamp. If anyone has a moment to look this up and tell me if this is good and if not tell me what I need to buy ...pretty pretty please . . Lots of for you all.
    I've never seen a light like that before. My vet told me to just make sure that the light specifies that it has both UV A and UV B rays. That light says it doesn't give off any UV light so I personally wouldn't be sure that it is effective. I got a reptile light (make sure you get the one only with light and no heat). I attach it to the top of her cage with a stand I purchased, and flip it on for 30-45 min per day it is totally up to you though but just wanted to let you know what I ended up getting her

Here is a link to *i believe* the one I use: http://m.petsmart.com/h5/hub?id=rept..._id%3D36-14931

I only use it when I am in the room with her in case something were to happen it it got too hot or something. So far it has been very good and doesn't emit much heat. good luck with that precious little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by pixiepoo View Post
    I've never seen a light like that before. My vet told me to just make sure that the light specifies that it has both UV A and UV B rays. That light says it doesn't give off any UV light so I personally wouldn't be sure that it is effective. I got a reptile light (make sure you get the one only with light and no heat). I attach it to the top of her cage with a stand I purchased, and flip it on for 30-45 min per day it is totally up to you though but just wanted to let you know what I ended up getting her

Here is a link to *i believe* the one I use: http://m.petsmart.com/h5/hub?id=rept..._id%3D36-14931

I only use it when I am in the room with her in case something were to happen it it got too hot or something. So far it has been very good and doesn't emit much heat. good luck with that precious little girl.
    Thank you so much exactly what I needed to know.! !

Quote Originally Posted by Mommaluvy View Post
    How do you keep them from pooping on you whle your feeding them like that :P

Mine like to poop when they

Also.. Make sure the fleece is a good quality.. I am having trouble with mine getting their nails caught in the fleece. Yet.. their nails are like little razors.. all the bettter to climb trees with my dear
    What's a little poop between friends? My guys didn't poop while eating that's not to say I haven't been pooped and peed on many times
    Make the world a better place...one animal at a time

The Peace of Wild Things
    BY WENDELL BERRY
    When despair for the world grows in me
    and I wake in the night at the least sound
    in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
    I go and lie down where the wood drake
    rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
    I come into the peace of wild things
    who do not tax their lives with forethought
    of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
    And I feel above me the day-blind stars
    waiting with their light. For a time
    I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

Quote Originally Posted by tap31974 View Post
    Thank you so much exactly what I needed to know.! !
    Glad I could help!

Hubby's new hat
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Can't wait to get a camera so I can get some better pics of my baby girl taking pics with my tablet without being able to see where your aiming it till the pic is taken and turning it around hoping you guessed it right is really hard especially with a jumpy squirrel

She looks lieke a handful.

Oh my goodness she is !! I just love her so much she has such personality,sassy,small moments of the day she wants to be cuddled,and the most part of the day wild and playful, and very very spoiled which is fitting being named after an Egyptian goddess

Been following your thread but not commenting. She is sooooo cute! Yes, she really does look like a handful - or a headful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireweed View Post
    Been following your thread but not commenting. She is sooooo cute! Yes, she really does look like a handful - or a headful.
    Thank you. . That is her favorite spot when she is out of her personal space (cage) is on top of daddy's head

Hey everyone please look at these pics I know they aren't awesome but I need to know what to do with this one and only spot on the base of her tail no other spots and no weird behavior of any kind she is also not grooming anymore then usual.Thank you in advance for advice.. oh and no lil buggies on her either. Whatever I need to buy plz let me know and ill have it tomorrow morning...or ordered if need be 2

Oh and if you can't tell from the photo it is not red at all and I don't see any flaky skin

Is she rubbing it on anything? I wouldn;t worry too much yet. We get a lot of people with some tail fur loss and it almost always is just molt or rubbing.

No she hasn't been rubbing on anything,(that I see) and she is always either next to the couch in her cage or playing with me or my hubby she's really never by herself unless I'm sleeping and that is usually only like 4 hrs but I will definitely be watching for that. And thank you very much

Adorable! Simply adorable!
    From what I see, it almost looks like she is "catching" it on something, that's rubbing the fur off, if that makes sense.
    Does she have a wooden house in her cage? Does she go under the sofa or any furniture that has a wooden frame?
    Do you ever see her chewing/itching in that area?
    I would just keep an eye on it, and see if it changes in appearance.
    For now I wouldn't be overly concerned, other than the fact that she
    is WAY too cute............so watch the boys.

Just too cute! Isis is adorable and dad is a nice tree Can't wait for more pics, too
    Isis

The Peace of Wild Things
    BY WENDELL BERRY

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    Adorable! Simply adorable!
    From what I see, it almost looks like she is "catching" it on something, that's rubbing the fur off, if that makes sense.
    Does she have a wooden house in her cage? Does she go under the sofa or any furniture that has a wooden frame?
    Do you ever see her chewing/itching in that area?
    I would just keep an eye on it, and see if it changes in appearance.
    For now I wouldn't be overly concerned, other than the fact that she
    is WAY too cute............so watch the boys.
    Thank you for lookin I feel so silly cause every little tinnie tiny thing that seems off I go crazy over but I can't help it my mind just starts thinkin the worst I'm just crazy like that. :carzy2 I just love her so much !! . now she has the tree in there and Tommy drilled a bunch of holes and hollowed it out and that's it on the wood. When she is out she won't go anywhere but the tops of our heads..lol I don't know if she even likes being out of her cage I leave the door open for her to come out but she won't unless either one of us is on the couch and then she gets really tense and either hides inside our shirt or runs up and down our bodies at warp speed and won't stop till one of us gets her back to her cage and she calms down and wants us to I think get in the cage with her cause we can fit our upper body in there and she gets all happy and cute and she 'll kiss ya and I swear she'll grab your nose with her paws almost like hugging it and will lick your nose ! I just think she feels safer in her cage which it's weird cause I have no other animals to scare her my kids have been in Mississippi all summer so I don't know it's a behavior that just appeared overnight one day she's roaming all over the place to she doesn't want to. It's weird lol

OMG! Nosie hugs and kisses "klunk!"

The Peace of Wild Things
    BY WENDELL BERRY

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast