Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pet Deaths Prompt Recall of Pet Food

thumper Guest

Default Pet Deaths Prompt Recall of Pet Food

Default Re: Pet Deaths Prompt Recall of Pet Food

I was just looking for this web site to put on the board. When I saw it I thought of TexanSquirrel and the problems he has had with his dog.

thumper Guest

looks like its all WET pet food (canned or pouches) there are many brands so PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS LIST!!!! thumper recalled cat food (by name)http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_cat.html recalled dog food (by name)http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_dog.html recall info www.menufoods.com/recall.

for posting those, thumper -- I'm forwarding them to my non-Squirrel Board friends right now....
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Ooh boy.. this sort of sucks. My sister-in-law just recently had to have her beloved cat Kali put to sleep.. she'd gotten sick months ago, vomiting, and despite care, the vet said she just wasn't getting better. I really hate to ask her now what kind of food she was feeding her.. but I guess I better.

i am so much more than a body.

every moment is an opportunity to begin recovery.

today is tomorrow's history.,

Checked out the web site this morning and found out the pouch dog food I have been feeding my dog is on the list, ran to WalMart and returned what I still had. They had already pulled the dog food off the shelf. What really makes me mad is that they knew about the complaints since December!

Pam Guest

I own a pet shop and strongely recommend Hill's Science Diet. This dog food and cat food is developed by veterinarians. If you can't get Science Diet, Purina is a good food. It can be purchased at grocery stores and Wal-mart. Iams is another good choice.

The company said it manufacturers for 17 of the top 20 North American retailers. It is also a contract manufacturer for the top branded pet food companies, including Procter & Gamble Co.

P&G announced Friday the recall of specific 3 oz., 5.5 oz., 6 oz. and 13.2 oz. canned and 3 oz. and 5.3 oz. foil pouch cat and dog wet food products made by Menu Foods but sold under the Iams and Eukanuba brands.

i am so much more than a body.

every moment is an opportunity to begin recovery.

today is tomorrow's history.,

Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Noah
    I was just looking for this web site to put on the board. When I saw it I thought of TexanSquirrel and the problems he has had with his dog.
    I thought the same thing. I hope Rolly is continuing to get better.

TexanSquirrel Guest

Rolly is still getting better. None of my dogs are on any of those kinds of food, thank goodness! Good posting and thank you!

thumper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber
    for posting those, thumper -- I'm forwarding them to my non-Squirrel Board friends right now....
    just lucky timing on my part,,,(I do news for another site) I have no doubt someone would have posted this moments after I did...I too have a friend who lost a cat recently and is looking into it....good luck and SPREAD THE WORD.................. ...... chris

Here is a link for up-dated information that I found on my Pigeon Talk forum:

http://menufoods.com/recall/

Thanks for the up-date on Rolle Texan Squirrel.

i feed my 2 yr hanydcap cat special kitty tuna can'd not pouch before i had to put her down. it is scarry i will wonder if that was part of her problems from now on.i have a bunch left i don'd know if i will feed it to the other ones now.

rehabmom

Hi rehabmom, just check the cat area on the link to be sure, but if in doubt, get rid of it preferably down the toilet so that dumpster animals can't get it.

iggysmom Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pam
    I own a pet shop and strongely recommend Hill's Science Diet. This dog food and cat food is developed by veterinarians. If you can't get Science Diet, Purina is a good food. It can be purchased at grocery stores and Wal-mart. Iams is another good choice.

I hope you pulled the Iams off the shelf since it is on the list. I think I am going to stick to pedigree from now on, I raised my last dog on it and she lived to be 16.

thumper Guest

Eukanuba, Iams and store brands tied to kidney failure, deaths Meanwhile, two other companies — Nestle Purina PetCare Co. and Hill’s Pet Nutrition Inc. — announced Saturday night that as a precaution they were voluntary recalling some products made by Menu Foods.http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17650075...15773?GT1=9145 chris

thumper Guest

this is really starting to suck!!!! HANG IN THERE ALL...AND SPREAD THE WORD... thumper

Just thinking out loud, hope it's ok! First, it's with Our Food, spinch, some fruits and peanut butter, now it's our Pet's Food!!! Hmmmmm! What's going on?????

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrellady
    Just thinking out loud, hope it's ok! First, it's with Our Food, spinch, some fruits and peanut butter, now it's our Pet's Food!!! Hmmmmm! What's going on?????
    My NRBF, Paul, suspects that terrorists are "trying out" their skills this way.....
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.