Thread: is he grooming me?

Default is he grooming me?

So Trooper was running around tonight and while normally I wear my hair in a bun or up in some manner tonight I have it down. While playing Trooper grabbed some of my hair and started "combing" it then had a handful of it and at first I thought he was chewing on it but he was doing something else? What was he doing? I didn't mind and he didn't seem to be mad or anything I'm just curious?

Default Re: is he grooming me?

Aww he's like "Mom where have you been hiding this?" My squirrels love my hair and will hide things in it and drag themselves through it Baby gets mad if I pull it back into a ponytail
    Make the world a better place...one animal at a time

The Peace of Wild Things
    BY WENDELL BERRY
    When despair for the world grows in me
    and I wake in the night at the least sound
    in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
    I go and lie down where the wood drake
    rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
    I come into the peace of wild things
    who do not tax their lives with forethought
    of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
    And I feel above me the day-blind stars
    waiting with their light. For a time
    I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

mine get mad if i let my hair down. i gotta have it in a ponytail or they go off and bite.???

Well, let's just say that the last time I went to the hairdresser she wanted to know what the hell I had done to the back of my hair. She thought I was cutting it or thinning it myself...
    Sammy spends an inordinate amount of time on my head and I am afraid that what she was seeing was some of his handiwork...
    Beware of squirrels as hairdressers!
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

Quote Originally Posted by ellymay View Post
    So Trooper was running around tonight and while normally I wear my hair in a bun or up in some manner tonight I have it down. While playing Trooper grabbed some of my hair and started "combing" it then had a handful of it and at first I thought he was chewing on it but he was doing something else? What was he doing? I didn't mind and he didn't seem to be mad or anything I'm just curious?
    I think you just got the highest compliment that a squirrel can give. I believe he was bonding with you through grooming, which I know they do in the wild. He hadn't seen your hair messed up (he sees your hair up all the time, so he saw it wasn't like it normally is, so it was messed up to him) and tried to help you get it back in shape. All of my babies groom the outside of my ears (I have really short hair, so they can't do anything with that) every time they are on my shoulders. Rex even goes so far as to groom the dead flaky skin on my hands (caused by the scratches I get from the babies!), when I am holding him and petting him.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazySquirrelLady View Post
    mine get mad if i let my hair down. i gotta have it in a ponytail or they go off and bite.???
    You have crazy squirrels, CSL
    SQUIRRELS!! Blog for Butchie and Joey and other squirrels too

Selling handmade crocheted items to support my critters

https://www.etsy.com/shop/crochetedcreations14

Visit me on Facebook

PayPal addy sdreamcatcher@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    Well, let's just say that the last time I went to the hairdresser she wanted to know what the hell I had done to the back of my hair. She thought I was cutting it or thinning it myself...
    Sammy spends an inordinate amount of time on my head and I am afraid that what she was seeing was some of his handiwork...
    Beware of squirrels as hairdressers!
    They make FANTASTIC manicurists though

Visit me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Shewhosweptforest View Post
    Aww he's like "Mom where have you been hiding this?" My squirrels love my hair and will hide things in it and drag themselves through it Baby gets mad if I pull it back into a ponytail
    Butchie and Joey loved my hair . Sammy liked to grab at it and play with it but he wasn't a shoulder boy. Chipper is starting to run through it and he loves to pat my head.

Visit me on Facebook

Name:  IMG_20131102_205230_598.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  205.9 KBName:  IMG_20131102_205601_682.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  217.5 KB Awww! He does the manicure thing too! And the head patting! He is just so loving and adorable! I'm attempting to attaching a couple of pictures from my recent grooming session please forgive my hair haha and the poor picture quality :-P

Hami likes to be the manicurist and removes any little bit of dead skin on my hands and arms (the result of him and Jerome running up and down on me of course). If my hair is loose he tries to bunch it up inside my collar... like it's not supposed to be hanging - far as he's concerned He also loves to hide nuts in my hair, especially in my bun. I showed up at the hairdresser one day with a walnut falling out of there when I sat at the sink. Hairdresser asked me if I was saving it for lunch.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

My ten-week-old flyers rarely see my hair down because it is very long and it bothers me unless I have it in a ponytail or a bun. On the rare occasion that they do see it down, they grab at it and kind of chew on it, but it's not really a chew..it's like they rake their little hands through it while gnawing on it. I guess it's grooming?

Simon likes to comb through mine and I tell him he can style it anyway he thinks suits me, after all ONLY you hairdresser knows for sure
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

This may be what my Rocky has been doing. He will climb on my head and scrape skin off my scalp, or hands, or arms. Sometimes to the point of a little light bleeding. I was wondering if he is getting a nutrient from the skin he needs and isnt getting otherwise, like salt.