Hi everyone. I'll start by saying that we have had this little guy 2 days now. I have read and read and there is a wealth of information here. We already have Ebsilac (powdered) and right now, we are using a syringe with a longer type nipple attached. He has been eating little bits about every 3-4 hours. He is proving rather difficult to feed, but I think he is getting the hang of it. He is not suckling much, we have to drop a little bit into his mouth and wait for him to swallow. It's a long process, but worth it. The whole aspiration thing has me a wee bit nervous, but we are taking it real slow and following his lead. I looked at the age chart and he seems to be about 3-4 weeks old? His eyes are not open as of yet. And all he wants to do is sleep, I assume this is normal for this age? Does anyone know how much formula this little guy needs and how long between feedings at this age? Assuming he is about 3-4 weeks. We are stimulating his "goods" after he eats, and he has went pee/poo. It takes a little while to get him to go...

He did have fleas when we found him. We picked them all off, dropped them in a cup of water and carefully wiped him down with a bit of Adams Flea Powder that I oddly already had when we had our dog. We no longer have a dog - just an outdoors cat, who prefers it that way. I also read that is what to use on Squirrels. Or it doesn't matter?

Here is a picture to help determine:

We do know that he weighs 88.5 grams!

It is a boy and that wasn't hard to determine.

We have a HUGE mulberry tree in our backyard and my husband found him outside beneath the tree. We tried to leave him there, hoping his mama would come back for him, but no luck. He cried and cried with this "Peep-Peep" sound. It started getting dark and there was no sign of her. Sooooo, we took over and brought him inside. We tried again the next morning and several hours later, no luck. It was breaking my heart into pieces. Also, there is quite a few stray dogs and cats that frequent our neighborhood and that really worried me. We have a hamster cage (for the time being) and we took the advice of many here, we put a heating pad on one half of the cage (on low) between a fleece blanket and he seems content. I had some fluffy rodent bedding that we tucked inside of a little cozy bed that he is all curled up in. He doesn't seem sick or anything at all, which is great. He twitches a good bit but I also read that is normal for this age, something about energy and his eyes being closed? I forget some things after reading so much!

I believe I read that keeping this little guy is legal in the state of IL, with a permit. How does one go about getting a permit to have him as a pet? My husband had a pet squirrel years ago and throughly enjoyed the experience...

I hate to say that I am already attached to this little guy, but I guess maybe the middle of the night feedings can do that?