My squirrel has been nipping little bites of paint off the walls whenever he can and eating them. We have white paint. I assume it's the calcium he's craving. I feed him HHBs every day - picky eaters - he eats about half a block every day. The rest of his diet is mostly veggies. Every morning I give him a buffet consisting of: fresh rosemary, fresh mint leaves, zuccini, carrots, sugar snap peas and lettuce. Sometimes he gets fruits and baby corn. Sometimes nuts.

Anyway - he was nipping away at some paint - that worries me because i'm afraid there may be lead in the paint - if not it's still probably not something he should be eating - so I assumed he wants calcium - so I gave him a tums. He took it and starting eating it. He ate a good bit of one. I imagine he'll eat Tums on a regular basis if I give them to him.

Isn't this a bonus? Aren't blocks mostly all about getting them to eat plenty of calcium? If a squirrel will voluntarily eat some of a Tums tablet that is a good thing right? Those things are made out of calcium carbonate - they're a calcium supplement for humans. Squirrels too. Right?

So - assuming we're A OK with Tums snacks - how much is too much? He's a full-grown adult male eastern gray. He's my little Rocky.