Thread: Grooming?

Default Grooming?

Anyone else have a squirrel who nibbles all over your bare skin like dogs when they're grooming each other? Is that what this is?

Default Re: Grooming?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinomacc View Post
    Anyone else have a squirrel who nibbles all over your bare skin like dogs when they're grooming each other? Is that what this is?
    Yes and yes. I hope you are an absolutely perfect human specimen because if you aren't your squirrel will have to fix that. Callouses and scabs need to go immediately and nails often need to be nibbled down a bit. Toes are just so far from the talking part they may not even really be part of you and so occasionally need to be tested (with teeth) to see. You will learn to cover the parts you want to remain as "original equipment."

3. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

KCullen (11-16-2021), SamtheSquirrel2018 (11-12-2021), SugarMom (11-12-2021)

Oh yeah, one of mine groomed me constantly. And my hands were covered in little scratches because I couldn't handle a syringe with gloves on, and she definitely thought those scabs were something to be cleaned off of me. I appreciated it, but ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    Toes are just so far from the talking part they may not even really be part of you and so occasionally need to be tested (with teeth) to see.
    I dont think mine ever figured out my feet were part of me. They use to sit on my knee and peer over at my feet with a sideways tail and flinch if I wiggled my toes.

Mine are toe biters, all of them, always. The regions around my face, hands, arms, shoulders, ears, neck, etc are groom-worthy. Legs and torso are their first trees, especially if I'm trying to get changed while babies are having free time. If you don't look battered by their affections, you're not doing it right, I'm sure! My hair exists solely as playground equipment for the young, a curtain or nest, and especially as a place for Joe to hide almonds. A bun or ponytail is a great place holder for almonds if you're the keeper of a terrible hider. I made a video sometime back encouraging friends to schedule hair appointments with woodlands beauticians early during the pandemic. My, um, custom stylist worked his magic. Joe is very conscious of my upkeep, and will cheerfully lick away blood from scabs he caused, and then reinjured. Little monster

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to KCullen from:

Mel1959 (11-16-2021)