Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Possums dangerous to squirrels

Default Re: Are Possums dangerous to squirrels

Oy Vey, no Opossums are NOT a threat to living squirrels, dead ones, yup bring it on.

Opie's are the garbage men and women of the forest and are a danger to beetles, frogs and maybe a mouse, but they don't even operate on the same time zone as most squirrels

Squirrely's daytime, Opie's night time.

I've raised squirrels and Opies together til release and recently had them both in the release cage together. Opies were much older and in the cat carrier in the bottom of the cage and Squirrelly's were up in the condo on the side of the release cage.

No offense, but please don't offer your personal opinion as fact unless you have facts to back it up. You do a disservice to an animal when you spread rumors of things they don't really do.

I could be wrong of course, because my information is based on MY experiences. There I've stated it, Empirical data, not scientific. Lets not confuse the issue.

Regards,

We re just fun'n. We all love poesies here. Gertrude is one of my girls. Happy smile all the time.
    Nancy
    Illinois Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator

take a peek at my website for fun happenings and cute critters!

http://www.2ndhandranch.com/index.html

Thank you to all that made the Rehab Cottage dream come true

baby girls mom Guest

I raised 5 baby possums they were let go about two weeks ago. They are very sneaky little things but there not as bad as some may think they are. I have a 2 yr old sugar glider that runs around in my room and they never once tried to harm him. No him on the other hand would fuss at them when they got in his space all they would do is run from him. So just be on the safe side and keep a watch on your baby all animals attitudes are different.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12