Thread: His little wee wee aint so little anymore (swollen incl. pics)

mr squirrel landis Guest

Default His little wee wee aint so little anymore (swollen incl. pics)

Hi everyone! I hope you are all fantastic on this lovely saturday. I'm pretty good, thanks for asking =) First and foremost I want to thank those of you who helped my wife and I get these babies well. They'd gotten very, very dehydrated and we were both afraid they would die. Needless to say, we were absolutely terrified. They've made a complete turnaround and are sleeping fat and happy as of this writing. My wife's dedication to these squirrels has been nothing short of incredible.

Juice's penis is extremely red and swollen. His anus isn't red, but the area around it is also very swollen. I've caught Gin suckling on it several times and a couple of other times he was crying out in pain. After I fed him earlier, I noticed he had a tiny scab on the end of it. I pushed a warm cottonball against it for about 5 minutes, then removed it with tweezers. He had already peed so I know it wasn't blocking his urethra.

I've read that I need to soak him in warm water up to his arm pits and massage his stomach while gently pushing on his belly to make him poop. I'm not clear on what I should do for his penis troubles. I've seperated he and his sister, but how can I be proactive about treating this? A&D ointment? Neosporin? I read to put him in a baby sock?

What are your expert opinions?

Thank you all for your time, consideration, and help

Trint

[/IMG]

mr squirrel landis Guest

Default Re: His little wee wee aint so little anymore (swollen incl. pics)

A7D is fine, its what I used what I used.

Simon's video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzpwo0r35l0

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”
    ― Anatole France

You need to keep some Neosporin or A&D ointment on it so it can heal and make sure that the other squirrel does not continue to suckle him any more.

If there's a suckling issue, separate! You can put him in a pouch next to his sibling or divide the cage so they can be next to each other but not so close he can get suckled on. Poor little boy parts.

mr squirrel landis Guest

Thanks! Yea, I had already seperated them. I read that the swollen willy thing could potentially kill....thats why I posted it in life threatening. I went and got some baby socks to make him a little onesy with. Then, ill slather him up real good with some Neosporon (actually equate triple antibiotic ointment ).

You guys don't think his sphincter region is swollen as well??

anus area looks ok to me, but that poor penie has got to be treated to get the scab off! It can take quite awhile to soften the scab -- I remember working almost an hour on one little guy I had with this problem. When he finally broke thru he peed about a quart! Don't give up -- he MUST be able to urinate as soon as you possibly can make it happen.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Mr SquirrelLandis
    How is the little Guy doing?
    Did you get the Scab off and the PEE FLOWING??
    You might need to open the skin if it grew to gather.
    I am Keeping you both in my prayers.
    Ps
    Is their a siblings with him, that is doing sucking? You need to separate them! Is He sucking him self? What kind of Formula are you feeding? Allot of times they are not getting enough Formula or the Right Nutrition. That is why we recommend FoxVally 32/40 for your Baby. Here are a few cites you can buy Formula Nipples and Syringes. (Squirrel supply's.)
    http://henryspets.com
    http://www.squirrelsandmore.com/
    http://foxvalleynutrition.com/main/prod.asp
    Call if you need help threw the night. I am always up.

Oh My! Good thing you caught it and seperated them! Just recently another baby passed away here because they were injured to the point they could no longer pass urine and by the time a vet could be seen the bladder exploded! Sometimes the baby can be cathed and sometimes it's too late! I wonder what happens in the wild when they get suckled. My guess is the suckling is because we don't nurse constant like mama does in the wild and some babies just need that extra sucking time and goes for anything nearby. I would still cover him with the onsie sock just in case he's suckling himself. Better to be safe than sorry!
    Tarina

Meet Chester and Lester http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=36323

Animals are not property or "things" but rather living organisms, subjects of a life, who are worthy of our compassion, respect, friendship, and support.

mr squirrel landis Guest

Hi everyone!

Little Juice is doing great. Thanks again to all of you kind souls here on TSB. You guys are doing a fantastic service.

Gin and Juice have been seperated for 1 week and his wee wee is much better. We put them back together for about 1 hour Wednesday. We heard him crying, ran into the room, and she was going to town. There was a big blood blister at the end of his wingwang! It's gone now, but we were amazed at how quick she went for it! It's definitely not because she was hungry either. That girl is a HOG.

Again, we both thank you all very much and will talk to you soon.

Mr. Landis

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.