Thread: HELP with making blocks

Unhappy HELP with making blocks

Hi guys.

I am wanting to make my own squirrel blocks and have found the recipie on this site. the reason I have to make them myself is because I live in the UK and cant get hold of henrys blocks unless i pay an arm and a leg to get them shipped over here.
    The problem I have is - the recipie i have says to add 'Henrys healthy vita-mins' and I can only seem to find vitamin suppliments for hampsters and mice which goes in the water. It also does not seem to be the same vitamins needed for squirrels.

I am at a loss and feel peanut is not getting the correct food. She is over a year old and has access to outside, has exercise, cuddles and i do put a calcium suppliment in her food with lots of fresh veggies and fruit. she gets 2 or 3 nuts a day and does have rodent block for chipmunks but never eats it :-( I have recently moved house and she seems to be loosing weight and the condition of her coat is not as good as it once was). Do squirrels get stressed??? this has only been the case since she has had access to outside. (i thought this would do her good)

Can anyone PLEASE help me??? I love her to bits and want to do the best i can for her.
    p.s Peanut is a grey squirrel.

Thank you!!!

Default Re: HELP with making blocks

Quote Originally Posted by owenssammy
    Hi guys.

I am wanting to make my own squirrel blocks and have found the recipie on this site. the reason I have to make them myself is because I live in the UK and cant get hold of henrys blocks unless i pay an arm and a leg to get them shipped over here.
    The problem I have is - the recipie i have says to add 'Henrys healthy vita-mins' and I can only seem to find vitamin suppliments for hampsters and mice which goes in the water. It also does not seem to be the same vitamins needed for squirrels.

I am at a loss and feel peanut is not getting the correct food. She is over a year old and has access to outside, has exercise, cuddles and i do put a calcium suppliment in her food with lots of fresh veggies and fruit. she gets 2 or 3 nuts a day and does have rodent block for chipmunks but never eats it :-( I have recently moved house and she seems to be loosing weight and the condition of her coat is not as good as it once was). Do squirrels get stressed??? this has only been the case since she has had access to outside. (i thought this would do her good)

Can anyone PLEASE help me??? I love her to bits and want to do the best i can for her.
    p.s Peanut is a grey squirrel.

Thank you!!!
    Hi owenssammy,

Henry's Healthy vita-mins are available at www.henryspets.com. You won't be able to find them anywhere else.
    It might seem pricey to purchase them from the US and have them shipped, but in the long run it might not be as expensive as it may seem because they go a long way. In addition, they will ensure your Peanut's health, which does not have a price.
    Again, I don't know what the shipping cost will be and what your budget is, but perhaps, if you buy a lot at a time, you won't have to order it that often during a year (thus, won't cost you as much per year).

I know that some people tried to find substitues (kind of collect different kinds of vit. and supplements), but it's very hard and rather risky in terms of getting incorrect ratios.

If you have any other questions, you can always contact henryspets directly through their website.

Hope this helps a bit

4S used to have a list on the vitamins and amounts to make your own. If you contact her she may give it to but to buy all the vitamins that are needed is a high price up front. You will save in the long run though. 4Squirrels is the owner of Henry's Healthy Pets.
    Almost everything in this post is misspelled

JAQUELINE (RELEASED) AND TALULA (RELEASED)

Thank you to both of you.
    It's £43 to get them shipped over from henryspets.com but it looks as though that is the price Iam going to have to pay. At least I know she will be getting what she needs.

Thanks again x