Thread: Help i think my baby was overfed!!!!

Default Help i think my baby was overfed!!!!

my little guy had some soft stool last nite and ate 3 cc's this morning. however i had to go to work and my brother was to feed him at his next feeding. well my brother called me at work and told me he fed him 5.5 cc's instead of his recommended 3.2(his weight is 65grams). i was so scared i rushed home from work to look at him. he seems to be ok and he pee'd pretty good and doesnt look bloated yet. but he did sneeze twice and is wiggling around like normal. he also didnt aspirate. should i be worried???? i am so scared right now that something is gonna go wrong. when should his next feeding be? 3-4 hours? any help please is greatly appreciated as i am so nervous right now and dont want to go back to work.

Default Re: Help i think my baby was overfed!!!!

You said he pee'd, what about stimulating to move his bowels? Watch for bloat, watch for constipation, definetly get him to move his bowels.

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

like step has posted, try to stimualte him.
    don't be surprised if his poops are soft and light in color..
    he should be fine...
    think of thanks giving when you stuff out...
    bloaty and too full to move...he may sleep harder than normal...

ive been trying to stimulate him every 1/2 hour, he pees but no poop. His belly does look a little full towards the bottom sides but he is not bloated. He also has been stretching his arms out and yawning which ive never seen him do before. should i still feed him his normal feeding in 3 hours?

I would not, give him more time to digest, maybe wait and extra hour or hour and a half to get that moving. Just keep stimulating to get things going.
    President--Meemor Anonymous,
    Mary...
    MISS YOU NUT, LOVE YOU FOREVER.
    BEAN, NOW IN HEAVEN BUT FOREVER IN MY HEART,
    I AM A BETTER PERSON FOR HAVING LOVED YOU.
    BUDDY...YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND AND I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER.
    PEANUT...YOU CHANGED ME FOREVER..AND TOOK MY HEART WHEN YOU LEFT.
    I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER AND A DAY.

Quote Originally Posted by newsquirrelmommy
    my little guy had some soft stool last nite and ate 3 cc's this morning. however i had to go to work and my brother was to feed him at his next feeding. well my brother called me at work and told me he fed him 5.5 cc's instead of his recommended 3.2(his weight is 65grams). i was so scared i rushed home from work to look at him. he seems to be ok and he pee'd pretty good and doesnt look bloated yet. but he did sneeze twice and is wiggling around like normal. he also didnt aspirate. should i be worried???? i am so scared right now that something is gonna go wrong. when should his next feeding be? 3-4 hours? any help please is greatly appreciated as i am so nervous right now and dont want to go back to work.
    he should at the least be taking 3 to 4cc 4 to 5 times a day.. and I feed mine every 4 hours any sooner they get mush poops..lol

Quote Originally Posted by pappy1264
    I would not, give him more time to digest, maybe wait and extra hour or hour and a half to get that moving. Just keep stimulating to get things going.
    :wott yes the extra hour or so is good,, also try adding a little extra water for now to the formula. say 10 to 20% water the rest formula.. and I would only simulate when you feed lol dont want a raw pee pee.. he will go sometimes it just takes a bit to move through expesialy the new babies..

thanks everyone. i will stop stimulating him for now and wait til his next feeding. ill feed him a little later than usual and maybe not as much so he can digest. everyones info was great!!!!

I would try warm water to the butt, he needs to you do not want him to become constipated / blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by newsquirrelmommy
    He also has been stretching his arms out and yawning which ive never seen him do before.
    Yep! I get that way when I over eat too...

Thanks stepnstone!!!