Thread: Fox Valley 32/40 or 20/50?

Default Fox Valley 32/40 or 20/50?

Hello friends. It is time to order Fox Valley for my two babies. I have had them seince they were about two weeks old about ten days ago. Now that they are getting a tad older I have a few questions. I was wondering if it is time to switch to feeding every four hours? Should I change from one cc to three cc syringes? And should I order Fox Valley 32/40 or 20/50? Any advice is welcome as I am a newb and want only the best for these two loves!

Default Re: Fox Valley 32/40 or 20/50?

Hi Zona,
    I use the 32/40 for all my squirrels that are on formula. I was told on the squirrel board that it's okay, that I really don't have to switch over. Some others may have different opinions though.
    Are the babies better?
    I found that soaking mine's bottom in a warm bath after every feeding really helped with the bloat.

By the way, 32/40 is for little ones anyway.

Yes, use the 32/40. Mine are on 32/40 until they refuse to take the nipple. Some of my NRs are still getting it and they are all a long way from weaning age.
    Anne
    Wildlife and Squirrel Rescue,Inc.
    Rescuing Fl squirrels since 1979
    Moderator: NFSA Emergency Care
    Wildlife Intake Coordinator and Rehab Consultant at "The Ark Wildlife Care and Sanctuary Inc"
    http://www.thearkwildlifecareandsanctuary.com/

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning to how to dance in the rain"

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it taken place."
    George Bernard Shaw

"Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear." - Mark Twain

Great! Thank you! I will go ahead and place my order! The two young ladies are doing much better! Both seemed to just be a tad backed up so I backed off the formula added a little extra water feedings throughout the night and they have made a full recovery and now go every time they eat. They have gotten so much bigger recently! Their bottom teeth have emerged is there anything I should do for teething?

Also should I cut back to feeding every four hours now? They eat about 3.5 to 4 ccs at each feeding, every three hours. They don't get bloated or tght at the stomache. Not sure??

No you don't have to do anything for teething. How old are they? about 3 1/2 weeks?
    Anne took care of mine as a favor when I went on vacation and at that age, I believe she had them at every 4 hours and they were taking between 3-4 ccs and when I got them back, I just continued every 4 hours and increasing their intake as they increased in growth and appetite. and watch their belly for that "milk line" across the middle of their abdomen. I have a boy and a girl and for a while, they took the same amount and then as they got older, (6 weeks now) the boy is short and stocky and the girl is long and skinny and the girl will take one more cc than the boy.

Haha great. I will give it a shot! Milk line? Please explain! I have two girls and they seem to be about 3 1/2 weeks old and growing quick! Both of mine seem long! How cute! I love how unique they are!

If you hold him up after feeding him and look at his belly, you should see a white 'line' which is the formula in his belly. When you go to feed him next time, that line should be pretty much gone, if not completely. If it isn't, check again in 15 mins to half an hour. You should always wait until the milk line is gone before feeding again so you do not have issues with digestion

(I copied and pasted this from "Pappy" from another post)

I was looking for a whole seminar that the admin gave all about pinkies and furbies that I used for mine. I'll try to find it and send it to you.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4f...jNmxZbWhRVXFIQ

Quote Originally Posted by virginia_arce2280
    If you hold him up after feeding him and look at his belly, you should see a white 'line' which is the formula in his belly. When you go to feed him next time, that line should be pretty much gone, if not completely. If it isn't, check again in 15 mins to half an hour. You should always wait until the milk line is gone before feeding again so you do not have issues with digestion

(I copied and pasted this from "Pappy" from another post)

I was looking for a whole seminar that the admin gave all about pinkies and furbies that I used for mine. I'll try to find it and send it to you.
    In fact, all wonderful advice!! VA _A 2280
    I would feed these guys every 4 hours. The diarrhea could be from over feeding. With FV many rehabilitators have found that babies this age/size do better with a longer time between feedings. I would, however, continue to offer Pedialyte in between feedings for 24 hours to be sure the babies do not get dehydrated. Great explanation of the milk line.
    BTW, I too stay with 32/40 until release. Others make the switch. We all do what works for us.

Than you for the link and the info! I waited four hours and fed just now. As you guys suggested they had about 3.5 to 4 cc each. Both girlies seemed upset to have waited and one went so far as to climb out of the "nest" (a boggin) when she heard her sister eating! This is the first time she has adventured out alone! One also began elimation without my assistance! I know they aren't ready to completely void alone but I assume this is ok? My little ones are growing up!

Yes, exactly what mine do. And they get used to it and sometimes fall back asleep until it's their turn.