Thread: I have a pair of squirrels who have been with me since its childhood.Now its time....

indianpalms Guest

Default I have a pair of squirrels who have been with me since its childhood.Now its time....

Now its time for them to choose their own fate and are about to return back to mother nature.I will really miss them and I would like to raise a young squirrel.My squirrels are mature enough to breed but the question is how to tempt them into breeding.I'm sure by the time the baby is old enough,the whole family(father,mother and child)will headout together!So pls let me know how to temp these squirrels to mate...............

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

Default Re: I have a pair of squirrels who have been with me since its childhood.Now its time....

Seldom do squirrels breed in captivity.
    Have you read any threads on how to release them back into nature?
    How old are they?

indianpalms Guest

Default Re: I have a pair of squirrels who have been with me since its childhood.Now its time....

I have ready a few ABC tips about releasing them into the wild.They are about a year and a quarter.I got the male on january 2011 and the female on march-april 2011

Kristal Guest

Just a thought, but it might be dependent on the species. I know that some people breed flying squirrels and siberian chipmunks, so at least some squirrel species will breed in captivity. I know very, very little about the species that live in India. We do have some experienced members who live in India. Maybe someone else can recall their member names so that you can PM them for their advice?

For the rest, they already know how because it is in their nature. If they are a species that requires a secure territory (or whatever else it is that they need) to cycle into fertility, then it will just happen naturally as soon as those conditions are met (and it is the right season for them).

Kristal Guest

In another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenlegs
    We are in Bangalore right now.... By the way, there's another board member in India--Chickoo. She may be helpful with issues as she's had a Palm Squirrel

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.