Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sudden vomiting

Default Sudden vomiting

Hi and help!
    Stella woke up from her late nap just now and has vomited several times.
    She eats HHB's and boo balls made with HHB's. She gets a variety of veggies (although we go thru "tough love" stages and she has been limited with the veggies and snacks lately.
    About 5, After grocery shopping, she got into a bag of corn, dug thru the husk and got a piece or two.....she also got into a small cup of coconut oil that I had set aside to make a new batch of balls. She probably got about a teaspoon. Other than that, she has had nothing but her blocks and balls. Ive been with her all day.
    There is nothing in her vomit...it looks and smells like her food.
    Right now she is pancaked on her favorite chair and does not want to be held or touched.
    I gave her water and can make the homemade pedialyte.
    Beside hydrating, can anyone tell me what else to look for? Anything that would give me a clue that this is more than just a bad reaction to one of those things she ate?

Default Re: Sudden vomiting

ok...lets add diarrhea to this.....she is clearly woozy and is not putting any weight on her "bad" foot. (She has always used it, even though it healed crooked).

Coconut oil would make anyone feel sick and would also cause loose stools. Hydration is very important with both vomiting and diarrhea. Not sure about the foot, but I am sure experts will be along soon!
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

if she eat a teaspoon of coconut oil that would do it .
    It is very rich , even when I give mine a piece of coconut it is very small piece. Don't give her anything but water let her tummy settle. It will go through her in a day . Only give her block and banana for a day after to help tighten her back up.
    Then after her stool gets harder, you can go back to veggies. If there is an expert out there with a better idea they will let you know, this is just what I would do.

Simon's video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzpwo0r35l0

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”
    ― Anatole France

thanks
    I figured out her foot issue was because she has diarrhea all over the underside of it...thats a relief.
    She has vomited a few more times. Her stomach must be empty, because it's now very watery and a little foamy.

I just learned that she HATES the homemade pedialyte, but she is drinking water.

Water is best anyway on an upset tummy. Poor baby... maybe she will NOT steal coconut oil again! Yeah right!
    Glad her footsie is okay!
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

Im extra nervous because Ive never had a problem with her except for her extremely picky appetite.
    I suppose its normal for her to be worn out, but she is sleeping very unsteadily. Her eyes will not completely close and her breathing is weird...not labored, just weird. She gets up every few minutes to potty...I think it hurts because she moans a little.
    Should I stay up with her thru the night?
    Dumb question, I could never sleep with her feeling this way! Ive rescued two others over a 10 yr span, but Stella has reignited my passion....Ive even gotten a catagory 1 rehabbers license (Will have it in my hands as soon as Im inspected)
    We love her so much.....she is the light of our house and lives. My world will fall if anything happens to her.

Keep hydrating her. If I'm not mistaken somewhere on here there was a similar problem and it was discovered that coconut oil is NOT good for squirrels...now to find that darn thread...

Still up with Stella... She is up every 15 minutes or so with diarrhea...vomited two more times, but just pure water.

She takes little sips of water...Are little sips ok for now?
    I'm so worried...it's making her so weak and tired.... Her little legs are trembling so badly.

You have to keep pushing the water. With vomiting and diarreha, they can dehyrdate really fast.
    Let me put out an sos to some other members.

Quote Originally Posted by msriri
    Hi and help!
    Stella woke up from her late nap just now and has vomited several times.
    She eats HHB's and boo balls made with HHB's. She gets a variety of veggies (although we go thru "tough love" stages and she has been limited with the veggies and snacks lately.
    About 5, After grocery shopping, she got into a bag of corn, dug thru the husk and got a piece or two.....she also got into a small cup of coconut oil that I had set aside to make a new batch of balls. She probably got about a teaspoon. Other than that, she has had nothing but her blocks and balls. Ive been with her all day. There is nothing in her vomit...it looks and smells like her food.
    Right now she is pancaked on her favorite chair and does not want to be held or touched.
    I gave her water and can make the homemade pedialyte.
    Beside hydrating, can anyone tell me what else to look for? Anything that would give me a clue that this is more than just a bad reaction to one of those things she ate?

I just wanted to highlight this section so the people that I have alerted to this post, can see the part that concerns me.

Thanks!
    We are still awake...almost 10 hours of diarrhea. She looks exhausted... She looks awful and skinny. I thought I was losing her a few times because she would sleep with her eyes partially open and was so weak.

At this point, since we know what it is - and ANY oil in that amount would do this - you give mineral oil for constipation - I think that you SHOULD give this little one either a couple drops of immodium or a couple drops of kaopectate. You need to stop the diarrhea.

Add probiotics via yogurt or Benebac, available in paste and powder form in any Petco type place. Look in the hamster stuff.

I would be giving as much rehydration formula as I can get her to take.

That makes sense
    She is throwing up all the liquid she takes in... I think it's making her not want it

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

I say pumpkin...get some natural fiber in there to clean out everything..
    her guts are slick...no more oil, FIBER!

Stella mrsriri

Tried acorn squash and some baby food...she's not interested in anything... Not even plain water right now.

doesn't matter...you must be in charge,,, go slow,
    making her eat and drink is what you have to do.
    just a little lick here and there is going to add up to feeling strong and getting back on track...
    it's possible...deep breaths and patience

Thanks, I'll be tougher with her!
    She's having little episodes that I would call tremors .... Not as stiff as a seizure and she doesn't lose focus... Maybe her body is in shock? Poor little thing wants to sleep so bad

tremors...
    shivers???

Kinda...lasts a little longer than a shiver...spasm?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast