Thread: Odd Squirrel Appearance..

babysquirrelchip Guest

Default Odd Squirrel Appearance..

For some odd reason, one of my baby squirrels (around 8 weeks) is always soaked all over his stomach.. But I have no idea why.
    Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Is he just peeing on himself..?

lilidukes Guest

Default Re: Odd Squirrel Appearance..

You have a bed wetter. Keeping the belly wiped down with a warm cloth will keep him from getting urine scald.

How is his activity?
    I'd venture to say he's probably just...well....doing it himself.
    8 weeks eyes should be open....and thats about when I stopped "helping" them pooh and potty....also....when I noticed big wet puddles in their fleece....

Check his belly....make sure he is relieving himself and not bloating.
    What is he eating??
    Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do other creatures.

His Holiness The Dalai Lama

The fate of animals is of greater importance to me than the fear of appearing ridiculous; it is indissolubly connected with the fate of men.

Émile Zola

Quote Originally Posted by lilidukes
    You have a bed wetter. Keeping the belly wiped down with a warm cloth will keep him from getting urine scald.
    Yeah.....what she said!!
    Nicely put Lilidukes.....
    Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do other creatures.

His Holiness The Dalai Lama

The fate of animals is of greater importance to me than the fear of appearing ridiculous; it is indissolubly connected with the fate of men.

Émile Zola

babysquirrelchip Guest

He eats Fox Valley!! Plus 2 HHBs a day. I keep him well fed! I have pics: http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=33595
    Both of my babies have been peeing on their own since eyes have been open, which was about a month ago. I clean him off every time it happens, I was just unsure if it was normal..
    Dale is starting to not want to eat FV, should I start him on regular squirrel diet?
    Both babies are EXTREMELY active. They will run and jump on anything (especially your head..). They love to play around together.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.